Reaction score
they can be any format or generation. mine are;

daytona usa arcade
gran turismo
lotus turbo challenge 2 amiga
geoff crammands f1gp amiga
metroppolis street racer dreamcast

daytona is my fave arcade racer. the first time i went to the troccadeiro in london, about ten years ago, all the machines were on freeplay. i spent ages playing against 7 other people i'd never met before on this sega masterpiece. unsurpassed gameplay make this the first machine i would buy with the winning lotto numbers.

gt has been the racing game of choice ever since it first appeared on the original playstation. all the cars are superbly recreated with painstaking attention to detail in graphics, handling physics and engine noise. with gt4 also including the much loved 'ring.

my disc drive has died in my amiga but the last time i played them i did think they had aged. so i include lotus and f1gp here as they were outstanding for their time.

msr still is the best version of the project gotham series. later versions in the series obviously have improved graphics but for me msr's gameplay has not been bettered or even equalled. originaly hurried out with some of the worst bugs i've ever seen in a home console game this was hugely playable.

please tell me yours past or present on any format...

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Arcade: Daytona USA & Sega Rally

Console: Gran Turismo series

PC: Grand Prix Legends, Grand Prix 4, Nascar 2003, GT Legends

Old Skool:

Geoff Crammonds F1GP (of course!) - Amiga.
Stunt Car Racer (also Geoff Crammond) - Amiga & Spectrum,
Skidmarks (anyone remember that? :D) - Amiga.
Turbo Esprit - Spectrum

Reaction score
Daytona and lotus turbo are awesome 8)
TOCA on playstation was good when all the cars were there

Reaction score
Crazy Cars - Atari ST, crap game but it was my first car game and it was driving an F40 - which was my favourite car when I was 10.

Super Mario Kart - Part of being a student is remembering trying to see the screen through the smoke and beer goggles.

Gran Turismo - This game single-handedly got me interested in cars again after not giving them a thought since being a kid. They just get better and better, but please get a porsche and Ferrari license for 5.

Grand Theft Auto 3 - This was the first proper first/third person game where you could run around outside the car (and hack people up with a chainsaw). Very dangerous to go driving after playing this. Vice City was sublime and San Andreas an Epic.

The Getaway - Driving around streets you know in normal everyday cars, what a great idea, Black Monday had a crap storyline but some really good cars and a white 205 1.9 GTI, which when I saw for the first time (being my car at the time), squealed like a little kid.

PGR2 - I borrowed this from a friend and completed it in a few days, really good gameplay and a great selection of cars, I couldn't stop driving the 360 CS around Sydney. Much better engine noises than the GT series.

Burnout 2 - Never had the first one but bought this for a couple of quid - what a fantastic arcade game, causing the biggest crashes possible, how are these games allowed?

Clio Trophy - Arcade handling for the real world. Only game I touch now is GT4, the occasional blast around the 'Ring in my tricked out RUF RGT or Minolta Toyota (Quicker than the F1 car!)

Reaction score
V rally on the original Playstation using the Neg Con controller - it was rock hard but awesome when you got it right.
Can you still get anything like a Neg Con these days?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nik said:
Skidmarks (anyone remember that? :D) - Amiga.

I do, from memory I didn't play it as much as Sen Soccer though. Only amiga driving game i played was an F1 driving sim that took ages to complete - full races ove a full race season.

PC, not really had a driving game on it due to Championship manager and subsequetly Football manager

Playstation, GT3 & GT4 and Grand Tourismo series everytime. I played one that was based on a street racing storyline that was good, can't remeber the name though.

Reaction score
Sega Rally on the Sega Saturn, the Lancia Stratos was ace. Mario Kart on the SNES kept me off the streets and out of trouble especially on time trial mode using the 'ghost' cheat. I remember a top down game called Supercars on the Amiga which encouraged drifting round bends and also Stunt Car Racer. Currently Project Gotham is occupying my time though it needs new tracks rather than yet more cars on X Box Live. In the arcade I always played the original Outrun.

Reaction score
Drew196 said:
V rally on the original Playstation using the Neg Con controller - it was rock hard but awesome when you got it right.
Can you still get anything like a Neg Con these days?

yeah, i remember v rally. clip the scenery and the car would somersault in the air. good game though

Reaction score
The obvious choice: Gran Turismo. The obscure choice: 'Cart World Series' from the late 90's, it was only on the original PS and it may have been a North American game only.

Reaction score
PolePosition on the Atari 2600...
Electraglide, ChaseHQ and CrazyCars on the Amstrad CPC...
SuperMonacoGP on Sega Megadrive and GameGear...
StuntRacerFX on SNES...
RidgeRacer Series at Arcade on PSX and PSP...
Konami Racers and MarioKart on GBA SP
Wipeout Series on PS1, PSP and Apple Mac...

about covers all my computers owned... except... Sinclair ZX Spectrum and Sinclair QL... not realy any good for racers...