Fault Code Readers (emissions light related)

Reaction score
Heard a rumor that if you plug a Fault Code Reader in and cancel the emissions light (de-cat) it will go off and stay off?
is this true?
I would figure it would just come back on again after XXX-miles, does anyone have an informed insight or better a code reader (southampton way)?

Reaction score
It comes straight back mate well mine does as i unplugged my lambda sensor put a plastic bag over the connector and taped it up out the way so water ingress don't happen. I think the only way your going to get rid of the light is get a spare lambda as the old on in my cat is solid and i don't feel like braking it trying to remove it then plastic cap or bag if you but a new lambda sensor they come with a cap on them just tape this down then tie out the way.
Failing that iv been looking into getting a new lambda then chop the wires for the signal and fit a mil eliminator it still flags a code up but due to the ecu it should be logged as a stored code not current and light wont come up in theory. Iv also heard that there is a lambda simulator people can buy but i have used the mil eliminator on a mg zs 180 and it worked a treat hope this helps.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Try mine if you want mate and see. It will probably come on again though. I can try when I drop your dampers back... Which I've not forgotten about

Reaction score
LOL thats alright Tim, its been a manic christmas period for the both of us I'm sure so don't worry I'm not holding anything against you. but yer that would be great if i can try, like i said im 99.9% sure that with in a mile or so it will shoot straight back on. but its worth a try right.
did you find a taker for the Orb in the end?? also what did you decide to do damper wise? MF or something else?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Give me a shout when you're free and either I'll go to you or you pop by mine and we'll try the code reader.

Still got the Orb. Luckily, I managed to get a winter run around so the T's been sat in the garage for the last month. Going to change the spark plugs on it and a few other bits ready for Spring when I MAY have to grow up and sell, or I may keep it but change the exhaust to something a little less vocal. Don't really want to sell her though... :?