Reaction score
oliie said:
what is the weight saving on a CF bonnet?

not sure on the exact weight saving but i know that there is no weight at all to the CF jobbie on the GF's car.... she might be able to tell more later on though... 5kg seems to stick in my mind though from a thread on CS

Day

Reaction score
The Alu bonnet on the Ph1 172 is lighter than the commercial carbon fibre offerings.
Somebody should start making them for the later versions...

Reaction score
If I ever get a lighter bonnet, it will be a Capsicum Red 172 Cup bonnet, much nicer and lighter than the CF ones.

Reaction score
Gareth said:
oliie said:
what is the weight saving on a CF bonnet?

not sure on the exact weight saving but i know that there is no weight at all to the CF jobbie on the GF's car.... she might be able to tell more later on though... 5kg seems to stick in my mind though from a thread on CS

If you could confirm or deny this weight it'd be great. What bonnet is it and how much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

Reaction score
STA70337.jpg
STA70340.jpg

that one - it's a KTEC and speaking with her thats what she remembers the weight being

Be up for sale soon too in the next couple of weeks :wink:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the only problem with painting the CF and Alu one's is that the paint tends to peel off, not sure why - I did look into a Alu bonnet before deciding to go down the CF route, either way because I couldn't source a decent CF one I went for an OEM, weighs a ton.

Reaction score
Blimey Gareth - they're a lot cheaper than I expected! I wouldn't mind having a bit of a nose around it before you sell if that'd be possible sometime. :D