Reaction score
just taken the T for its MOT and was gutted to realise it had failed on a broken rear spring :( just the point on the end of the bottom coil. Rang my local Renault dealer up for a price and was told that my car had the 'Extreme Pack' on it, and it would be £138+vat #-o . Now i have 2 questions, what the hell is an 'extreme pack'? and what is the actual difference between these springs and pattern springs that would cost me £25+vat?

is1

Reaction score
You could always ring another dealer and see whether they make reference to an "Extreme Pack".
Were they possibly just using the word "extreme" to refer to the fact that the Trophy has a unique suspension setup to try and justify the price?

Reaction score
this is sort of what i thought aswell, maybe they meant that its 'extreme' compared to the 'normal' 182, in which case it will be slightly different because the T sits lower doesent it?

Reaction score
Hi guys i dont know if its called an extreme pack but i would most likely say that the Trophy has different rear springs. Having looked at your price for springs you really have 3 options to get you through the MOT either buy standard cheap springs meaning both rears otherwise one side will sit lower than the other and struggle to fit them or buy the correct spring for the price quoted of which i think is rather reasonable compared to my previous car i had which was a vauxhall astra, when the rear springs went on that vauxhall for there official lowered rear spring were £140 each. Or the final option you have is to order a lowering kit of which has to be delivered within the 10 days for your re-test and you have to fit them in that time or pay for another test hope this helps.

Reaction score
Just buy the spring! I don't understand why people buy cars then complain about having to buy parts for them?! If you want cheaper parts buy a 'regular' car!

Reaction score
Sorry, that didn't help. I'll try to answer your questions! I have never heard of the extreme pack but as has been suggested already it may simply be a reference to the stiffer Trophy suspension. I don't know how easily you'd get hold of a pattern spring as you might for another car from a factors, as the spring rate will be much stiffer than on other non sport Clio's. If you fancy a set of after market springs, personally I would look at the spring rates to see whether they match those of the standard springs. Without looking into it, I would imagine they maybe the same as other 172 and 182 clio's? And I couldn't say whether they would be the same rate, as standard, as a Trophy.

Personally I would buy the standard spring from Renault as I feel the suspension and thus handling, define the Trophy.

Reaction score
The Trophy does have different back springs to a normal 182/cup. The back springs are marked with two small squares of colour, I think this is how they are usually identified. The colour's if I recall are a red mark and a white one!

A pair of these springs from Renault will cost around £300inc VAT. I know this as a friend of mine owns a Renault garage and rally's 1*2's! He got me to bring my Trophy up to his garage to put it on his ramp to confirm the 2 identification marks, so that he could order some for one of his cars! He then said "try not to break one of these, there expensive"

I dont know what brand they are though! Maybe eibach, but don't quote me on that!

Reaction score
nickboazracing said:
Just buy the spring! I don't understand why people buy cars then complain about having to buy parts for them?! If you want cheaper parts buy a 'regular' car!
I wasent really moaning about the price tbh, just never heard the 'extreme pack' thing. so no that post dident really help, but thanks anyway

Reaction score
trophy380 said:
The Trophy does have different back springs to a normal 182/cup. The back springs are marked with two small squares of colour, I think this is how they are usually identified. The colour's if I recall are a red mark and a white one!

A pair of these springs from Renault will cost around £300inc VAT. I know this as a friend of mine owns a Renault garage and rally's 1*2's! He got me to bring my Trophy up to his garage to put it on his ramp to confirm the 2 identification marks, so that he could order some for one of his cars! He then said "try not to break one of these, there expensive"

I dont know what brand they are though! Maybe eibach, but don't quote me on that!
thanks that does help, it is kind of what i expected but just needed a little reassurance

Reaction score
The springs fitted to the Trophy were made by Eibach especially for the car and I believe are only available through dealers at a stupid price.

However most people go for the Eibach Sportlines as they lower the car and work well with the Sachs dampers.

Hope that helps?

Reaction score
Does anyone know the ACTUAL spring rates front and rear for the T?
I've been searching for a definitive answer for years, even since before it was made lol. Well nearly. :wink:

Reaction score
The only sure way is to take them off and send them to somewhere like coilsprings.co.uk who can measure them , then you will know ( what everyone else wants to ) 8)

Reaction score
No. I wanted to dyno at least the front dampers and springs when I had them refurbished but due to time and weather I never did. I might do a rear over the winter as they'll be easier to remove. :roll:

Reaction score
The 'Extreme Pack' is the French definition for a 182 with Recaros and de-spec'd interior e.g cloth rear bench. I bought a Titanium 182 Cup Pack with Recaros once and the definition on SEDRE (Renault computer) was this pack.

Reaction score
artdealer said:
The 'Extreme Pack' is the French definition for a 182 with Recaros and de-spec'd interior e.g cloth rear bench. I bought a Titanium 182 Cup Pack with Recaros once and the definition on SEDRE (Renault computer) was this pack.
That is what i needed to know, cheers :)

Reaction score
nickboazracing said:
Or send them to me as we have a damper and spring dyno at work.

The fronts would be interesting as Hoolio and I both calculated them at 170 lb/inch (just over 30 Nm/mm). But don't forget that because of the way in which the end coils sit on the platforms, at least part of those coils is in effect redundant.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the front are 160ib/inch! Don't know where remember seeing that but I'm sure it right! Not sure about the rear though!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy380 said:
I'm pretty sure the front are 160ib/inch! Don't know where remember seeing that but I'm sure it right! Not sure about the rear though!

Probably from this thread 380 so if it's wrong the blame is all mine as I provided George with the dimensions. For some reason I never tried to work out the rears :?