Reaction score
EXTENDED WARRENTY???

Warrenty on my 163 2005 runs up in august, i have heard about extending the warrenty.

hw do i go about this and how much is it likely to cost me???

Reaction score
Go to any Renault dealer and they will extend your manufacturers warranty from one to three years I think. There is also a milage limitation too, that the car cannot be above today. It's quite high though. About 80k. Leaflets readily available at dealers.

According to Mill Lane in Aldershot one year of the extended warranty is £350. It covers most things but is not as comprehensive as the original, which covered anything that broke apart from wear items.

As per all the conversations on the forum, you may have to 'discuss and debate' with Renault as to whether they will cover somethings you'd think would be automatically covered by the warranty.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Renault Extended Warranty.

Cover up to:
1 yrs/60k - £590
1 yrs/80k - £790
2 yrs/60k - £790
2 yrs/80k - £990

on top of the Mft's warranty.

They state "Extended warranty for new vehicles provides a seemless extension to your 3 yrs/60k mile renault mechanical warranty. Exactly the same parts are covered including blah blah blah"

IT states suspension is covered under the warranty - which i doubt they'll just honour without a fight. Normal wear and tear isn't covered - a bit hazy for me. Neither are Exhausts, batteries, Wheels, bodywork, paintwork, trim or routine maintenance stuff.

A dodgy steeler will just say our dampers are either wear and tear or routine maintenance so i doubt they'll honour their own terms.

on the other hand you could look at http://www.allvehicles.co.uk/motorplan_used_car_warranty_online_form.htm which i think is both cheaper and more comprehensive, plus I don't think you have to use the terrible reno steeler network.