Reaction score
I am looking to extend my warranty which runs up in august, was just wondering if any1 else has bought this and how it works???

Reaction score
I never have bought one and with my experience on the original 3 year warranty i never would.

Old FF182:-
Rattle in dash, Reno said they couldnt find it, i found it myself and fixed.
Rear shocks leaking after 15000miles ish, they said it was wear and tear.
Service light etc came on, they fixed it then it came back on 2 days later.
Gearbox leaking - They fixed that thank god.

Trophy:-
Bottom ball joints shot to bits, again Reno said wear and tear and need to replace the suspension arms also, they wanted £400 to fix, i got it all done for £158 with genuine reno parts.
Steering wheel right thumb grip fell to bits, Reno reply, wear and tear.

So in my opinion a waranty means nothing, probably better saving the money you would spend on the warranty to one side and if anything goes wrong then you have a little bit there to help towards fixing it.
Renault service = Load of crap, worst in the world, would rather iron my sack than go back to them.

Reaction score
scott said:

I have that similar rattle too, coming from around the top area? Sorry to hijack but how did you sort it, its somewhat annoying lol.

Not had my trophy long and it still has 4 months left on the warrenty, but as i bought it through a dealer i had another 12 months on top of that in the deal.

Not gonna complain as i never had to pay anything for the extra cover, i just hope i don'thave any hasstle from my local dealer over any possible future problems.... [-o<

Reaction score
jonny g said:
scott said:

I have that similar rattle too, coming from around the top area? Sorry to hijack but how did you sort it, its somewhat annoying lol.

Not had my trophy long and it still has 4 months left on the warrenty, but as i bought it through a dealer i had another 12 months on top of that in the deal.

Not gonna complain as i never had to pay anything for the extra cover, i just hope i don'thave any hasstle from my local dealer over any possible future problems.... [-o<

It was due to the plastic center console rubbing against the dash, i wedged a few small pieces of plastic, (obviously not visible), in random places until i got the desired effect. You will be able to tell if it is the center console, just push of pull it in different places, if it make the rattle you are on about then bobs you uncle.