Reaction score
Benmeister said:
Right i have made amy mind up and I am going to stick to the PE2's,

The cheapest that I can find them is £189.10 for a pair delivered to my door from the website below,

http://www.camskill.co.uk/order.php?sub ... ing+Basket

Does anyone know where i can get them any cheaper i've tried calling the local tyre garages but they are quite a bit more expensive and they do not have them in stock. #-o

Also i've got a quote of £660 from Admiral for my insurance quote that i am pretty pleased with :D

It beats my renewal quote of £810 from my previous insurer.

i got my PE2's from blackcircles and paid £200, so that sounds like a good deal to me! i'll remember it for when i need a new set!

Reaction score
I recently got my insurance through Tesco (shock horror!)

Not too bad really, was £500 for the year (23 5 years no claims and with Brake mods declared).

I found that putting my father on the insurance really brought the cost of the insurance down (by about £200)...not that I would ever let him drive it!

Just bits and bobs to help!!

Ollie

Reaction score
Hi Ben, im 24 and pay £750 with Greenlight as they were by far the cheapest for me i have 2 yrs NC and 6 points :oops: , as for tyres toyos are better for dry conditions and less so for wet, ive stuck with pe2's as i dont do any track days and they are great in wet or dry, been a fair few months since i got a new pair of exaltos but i got mine from mytyres.co.uk last time around and they came to about £79 each, but ive just had a look and they are now £92 delivered so it seems they have gone up in price so you have a good deal on those! just out of curiosity has anyone tried pirelli's?

Reaction score
Cue said:
did anyone actually try hankooks?

I have a full set of R-S2 going on this week, so I will feedback on that. My advance expectation is that they will be better than PE2 in the dry, not quite as good in the wet, and slightly less durable.

Mind you I have an expensive week of my own (damper refurb, MF springs and rear Koni's, new balljoints, camber bolts and new tyres) so separating the tyres out of all the other changes will not be straightforward. :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
vamos said:
Cue said:

I have a full set of R-S2 going on this week, so I will feedback on that. My advance expectation is that they will be better than PE2 in the dry, not quite as good in the wet, and slightly less durable.

Mind you I have an expensive week of my own (damper refurb, MF springs and rear Koni's, new balljoints, camber bolts and new tyres) so separating the tyres out of all the other changes will not be straightforward. :)

same as me - but add MOT, aux and cam belts also....

Reaction score
vamos said:
Cue said:

It'll feel like a different car! :D Seems a shame not to drive on the PE2's with the new suspension before changing.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
vamos said:
Cue said:

It'll feel like a different car! :D Seems a shame not to drive on the PE2's with the new suspension before changing.

Yeah, but the current PE2s will not pass MOT - @Cue - snap, forgot to list MOT :roll:

Reaction score
im 20 and pay 1600 for 10 month, but if you want to have a good car you must pay the cost! As for tyres mine are due for renewal, and im unsure what to get!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
ah well - i've had to go for toyo T1R's as struggled to get the hankooks in time, will see how long they last and compare to the pe2's and 888's.