Reaction score
HI all,

It's the for me that we all hate and that's insurance renewal time :(

Also i need some new front tyres as mine are just over the legal limit.

I wanted to know who everyone recommends for insurance, i'm not using the car for track days or anything and it doesn't have any modifications. I am yet to spend ages trawling through online quotes and if you could point me in the direction of some good companies that would be great.

With regards to the tyres I am tempted to go for some of the Toyo TR1's for a change, but I have also seen some Avon's that had a pretty good write up and wondered if anyone had tested them. I have been pleased with the Michelins that are fitted at the mo but I fancy something different

As always any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Reaction score
Greenlight for me were FAR cheaper than any other insurance company - see what they can do.

Reaction score
100% recommend Norwich Union, for me they are VERY cheap but I'm not 21 anymore!

I would stick with the PE2s if you can, they're expensive for a reason.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Benmeister said:
I wanted to know who everyone recommends for insurance, i'm not using the car for track days or anything and it doesn't have any modifications.

With regards to the tyres I am tempted to go for some of the Toyo TR1's for a change,

Cheers

Different tyres will be considered a modification by most insurance companies but if you stick with the PE2's and don't do trackdays then most normal insurers will be cheaper than Greenlight, they were for me anyway.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
All depends on your age and what most people forget where you live but from my experience Greenlight couldn't be matched for price.
I pay around £400 fully comp at age 28 (full no claims), where as the cheapest I could find elsewhere was £800.

As everyone else says stick with PE2's

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Jimbo said:
Greenlight for me were FAR cheaper than any other insurance company - see what they can do.

+1 & if you ever venture on track they will cover you :D

Tyres?

Do do rag your car hard, track days??

Cheers guys, i'm going to get a quote from Green light and i'll let you know how it goes.

I don't really drive hard to be honest I very rarely get the tyres screeching round corners or anything like that, I'm pleased with the PE2's but I'm tempted by the toyo's as a couple of friends with racing puma's and scooby's said that they are really good in the wet and I think that the PE's can struggly sometimes in the cold and wet.

Does anyone else agree?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Benmeister said:
I'm pleased with the PE2's but I'm tempted by the toyo's as a couple of friends with racing puma's and scooby's said that they are really good in the wet and I think that the PE's can struggly sometimes in the cold and wet.

Does anyone else agree?

Sorry Ben but you are totally wrong (or they are) about this, the PE2's are superb in the wet. People like GeorgeK put them on for wet runs and record times that are down but fairly close to dry times whilst others lose time hand over fist.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Benmeister said:
I'm pleased with the PE2's but I'm tempted by the toyo's as a couple of friends with racing puma's and scooby's said that they are really good in the wet and I think that the PE's can struggly sometimes in the cold and wet.

Does anyone else agree?

Sorry Ben but you are totally wrong (or they are) about this, the PE2's are superb in the wet. People like GeorgeK put them on for wet runs and record times that are down but fairly close to dry times whilst others lose time hand over fist.

No problem, i'll hunt for some new PE2's

Cheers for the help chaps

:D

Reaction score
marrow said:
100% recommend Norwich Union, for me they are VERY cheap but I'm not 21 anymore!

I second that, very cheap and also for me 21 was a long time ago. I have PE2 currently but had Avon ZZ3 previously, also I found to be quite good and cheaper than PE2s.

Reaction score
Jonc said:
marrow said:

I second that, very cheap and also for me 21 was a long time ago. I have PE2 currently but had Avon ZZ3 previously, also I found to be quite good and cheaper than PE2s.

My Girlfriend has got the Avon ZZ3's on her car and she reckons that they are ace,

Her car has got half the power though, I'll have to see what the price difference is.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just read my post and it reads pretty harsh, its totally up to you but after four years nobody has discovered a tyre that is as good as pe2 in both dry and wet and that is what most want.
If you can find one as good, cheaper and more readily available then you will get many thanks.

Reaction score
g40steve said:
Anyone tried Hankook Rs2's on Trophy as i removed the CSC3's with these & never looked back :D

I havent tried them yet but im due some new rears in a month or so and ive been told the Hankook's are good so might give them a blast. Then again i was told Eagle F1's were really good by a few friends but i didnt like them. In my experiences with tyres nothing has been as good as the PE2's.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Jonc said:
marrow said:

I second that, very cheap and also for me 21 was a long time ago.

I just pray you never need to claim from them.... I had to get solicitors involved to get my money out of them..... indian call centres, problem.... no idea of customer service and don't listen to you, just follow a script. Good luck.

This is one insurance company i'd never go anywhere near, even if they were the cheapest.

Reaction score
Cue said:
Jonc said:
marrow said:

I second that, very cheap and also for me 21 was a long time ago.

I just pray you never need to claim from them.... I had to get solicitors involved to get my money out of them..... indian call centres, problem.... no idea of customer service and don't listen to you, just follow a script. Good luck.

This is one insurance company i'd never go anywhere near, even if they were the cheapest.

Cue - just had recent experience with them and they were 100% perfect. I know what you mean about Indian call centres though...

Reaction score
Right i have made amy mind up and I am going to stick to the PE2's,

The cheapest that I can find them is £189.10 for a pair delivered to my door from the website below,

http://www.camskill.co.uk/order.php?sub ... ing+Basket

Does anyone know where i can get them any cheaper i've tried calling the local tyre garages but they are quite a bit more expensive and they do not have them in stock. #-o

Also i've got a quote of £660 from Admiral for my insurance quote that i am pretty pleased with :D

It beats my renewal quote of £810 from my previous insurer.

Reaction score
Benmeister said:
Also i've got a quote of £660 from Admiral for my insurance quote that i am pretty pleased with :D

Ben - out of interest how old are you?

Reaction score
marrow said:
Benmeister said:

I'm 22 with two years NCB and a clean license that I have had for 5 years,

I have tried Greenlight but they quoted me £880.

Reaction score
Benmeister said:
marrow said:
Benmeister said:

I'm 22 with two years NCB and a clean license that I have had for 5 years,

I have tried Greenlight but they quoted me £880.

Have you tried NU? (I don't work for them!)