Reaction score
I have got a scorpion and have heard a milltek and would say that the milltek is ever so slightly louder, not much in it though

Reaction score
I have recently been quoted near enough £550 for a Milltek de cat system,price includes the exhaust rubber also! Is this a good price or is it deer!? Have thought about the rs192 but unsure on cost!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
A friends Golf GTI 30 is fitted with a miltek and though it sounds good, not as nice as the Orb though, I've been suprised at how rusty its got.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have recently been quoted near enough £550 for a Milltek de cat system,price includes the exhaust rubber also! Is this a good price or is it deer!? Have thought about the rs192 but unsure on cost!

£400 for the Scorpion system with decat, £350 without. £550 for the Milltek seems dear to me, you used to be able to pick up a new system for around £350 without decat and unless the prices have rocketed up I would say that is a bad deal to be honest.

Reaction score
BenG said:
£550 for the Milltek seems dear to me, you used to be able to pick up a new system for around £350 without decat and unless the prices have rocketed up I would say that is a bad deal to be honest.
A lad at work with a 182 had one of these recently and paid £350. Says it is a little noisier than standard but not much.

Ash061/500 said:
The guy mentioned a rubber mount which "perishes" on most clios apparently...£40 from Renault! But fitting they wanted £50
Sounds like the rear hangers.
clio_mount5.JPG

I've read it is common across the 172/ 182 range. There's cheaper ones on ebay - whether they'll last as long I don't know. Easy change though. Support the side of the exhaust you're changing (small jack will do) and undo the two bolts and withdraw the exhaust arm from the rubber and replace.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i had mine changed in April last year - they're shot again!!!! Im seriously tempted to find an upgrade to these.

Reaction score
A common trick to beef up existing engine/gearbox/exhausts mounts where there is maybe no off the shelf product to replace the OEM items, is to fill in the gaps with Tigerseal black. It's a polyurethane sealant/adhesive that when set is firmer than rubber and not as firm as polyurethane bushes.

I did my dogbone mount like this not long after getting my Clio and it made a huge difference and was cheaper and easier to do than fit a poly bush when mine had suffered no damage yet.

I've done it to engine mounts on track day car, on rear diff mounts on Celica GT4's as common failure point, it's very versatile.

Those exhaust mounts look prime candidates to beef up with some Tigerseal, and even after fitting if you get to much vibration, you can of course drill it through where original gaps are to make it more compliant, but still be firmer than OEM.

Tigerseal can be found on ebay etc though be careful of use by date (yes they will cure over time so need to make sure it's in date) but here's a link to some details about it http://www.paints4u.com/ProductDetails. ... uctID=3319

Reaction score
BTB look to be one of the best and I was going to fit one to my Trophy but are very expensive.
Just booked my phase 1 in for one to be done :D
Sorry shameful trumpet blowing :oops: