Reaction score
right so thats the brakes done, so lets keep the ball rolling
exhausts which one, it seems to be between the scorpion, Janspeed and ORB?? ( the hells and orb?)
moneys not really an issue coz im working very hard atm.
also sports cat. is the K-tec one any good???

Harnesses what you got? get some pics up and yer they look sick but are they a right pain to live with?

Reaction score
Orb - orbisoud, french exhaust, best part of a grand. If you have lots of money get one! and one for me as a spare! :wink: Im sure people on here who have one will give a better explanation :)

Reaction score
F**K me son! why?? is it made of diamond.
can we get some kinda rating system going here
like outta 5 starts for
price
sound (idle)
noise (flooring it)
performance increase
then just anything else you can think of
look (is it gonna look like 2 drain pipes on the back ??)
and anything else cheers boys

Reaction score
I think they used them on the old clio cup cars, and they look great! i havent actually heard one in person so i cant comment!

Reaction score
I have an orb, although purely by chance as i discovered it the day I got my car back form picking it up. Why someone wouldn't advertise the fact it was on there is beyond me but I was happy none the less :D .

I can't really comment on the other exhausts. Only seen vidoes on youtube etc. Regarding the orb though I have the loud one and it is loud! Sounds really nice though. I love the noise it makes when you first fire it up. Big smile on my face every time :D .

Rich

Reaction score
so who else has got one of these bad boys and are they worth it? whats the BHP increase like coupled with a re-map?

Reaction score
I think an exhaust does little for increasing power unless you have a decat. It's more about the sound.

The Orbisoud comes with a sports cat built in. You can have the soft version with a centre silencer or the race version which only has the rear silencer but should give a bit more power. They sound great but they are a bit boomy on the motorway.

Reaction score
pass MOTs alright? how annoying on the motorway?? i dont wanna arrive from a 2hour car journey with my ears bleeding, deff and mad

Reaction score
They are quite boomy on the motorway. I did about 2 hour drive late at night the other day and when I got home my ears were ringing like I had just walked out of a nightclub. Other than motorway driving it doesnt bother me at all.

Passed MOT without any probs. I do have the emission read outs somewhere if you want to know the figures.

Reaction score
richjones76 said:
They are quite boomy on the motorway. I did about 2 hour drive late at night the other day and when I got home my ears were ringing like I had just walked out of a nightclub.
That's mad ?!

Cue - what does your Prospeed sound like?

Reaction score
I think Rich is right. Most people on here will tell you the Orb is the best thing since sliced bread, but passengers on a long journey will hate you for it! That said I've done about 35k with mine on in about 18 months. Mark did you get a ride in my car? I can't remember.

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
I think Rich is right. Most people on here will tell you the Orb is the best thing since sliced bread, but passengers on a long journey will hate you for it! That said I've done about 35k with mine on in about 18 months. Mark did you get a ride in my car? I can't remember.

Hi Luke, unfortunately not (I think you have the soft one, exhaust that is :lol: ). But did have a passenger ride with Julian, who has the race version... which to me was unbelievably loud. I'm obviously not man enough for one of these Frenchies!

Reaction score
Yeah mine is soft :? , but I don't think it's that much quieter than Julian's. You should have got a ride at Bedford but you were more interested in R26's and GT3's! Can't think why :wink:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah but I was showing off a little. I don't find it a problem on long journeys at all, but maybe i'm going a little deaf in my dotage. The boominess is caused by reasonance in the pipe at certain revs whatever (longer or shorter pipe and it would happen at a different point) so by modulating the throttle very slightly as you drive i've found you can virtually eliminate it.

Reaction score
ok so the Orb is a nightmare on long drives. has anyone got a sound bite?

what about a pro speed ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Trophy264 said:
ok so the Orb is a nightmare on long drives.

Well it seems i'm being out voted but I simply don't agree with that statement, There was some footage of mine but I'm not sure if it still exists. Also if you think other aftermarket exhausts are going to be too much gentler on the ear when giving it beans then maybe stick with OEM, I still reckon it sounded not bad at around 5k.