Reaction score
Just order a Milltek exhaust, De Cat and KnN (Hi Gen II) induction kit for No 142!! :lol:

Anyone else had any experience of these products?

Cheers Guys

Chris

Reaction score
No, but sounds an awesome combo... Nice one! :twisted:

I have a Janspeed cat back and ITG panel filter. The looks and sound of the exhaust make all the difference. Mine purrs at tickover and lets rip on full chat. Great mod. I haven't changed the air induction kit though - that will make things even louder and should increase pick up.

Am considering a decat or Janspeed sports cat at the moment. Need to research pro's and con's of both.

Let us know what it's all like when fitted. Enjoy mate!

Reaction score
T7PHY,

Your set up sounds interesting. Did you do a re-map? Or perhaps the question should be did you need a re-map after those mods? Would also be interested in your conclusions about the sports cat.

I know there's so much stuff on here about this, but would be especially interested in your present set up....

Thanks

Reaction score
reboot said:
T7PHY,

Your set up sounds interesting. Did you do a re-map? Or perhaps the question should be did you need a re-map after those mods? Would also be interested in your conclusions about the sports cat.

I know there's so much stuff on here about this, but would be especially interested in your present set up....

Thanks

Hi Reboot

No, I didn't do a remap and you don't need one per se. The car's ecu adapts after 30 mins or so when you make mods; however, I'm sure a proper remap would make a difference. I have heard figures of +7bhp and +15lb's torque post remap plus improved tickover and fuel economy. So a remap is a good idea and something I am also thinking about. You're looking at £400 for one of these.

Will let you know about the sports cat if and when I buy one. It's not urgent.

Present set up is perfect for me. Growls softly at tickover and gets meatier as you head up the rev range. When the cams shift at around 5k revs, it wails loudly whilst making startling progress. Around town, it's tame and unthreatening which is what I wanted. As for looks, you can't argue that it fills the exhaust cut-outs properly and removes the 'pea-shooter' effect! Highly recommended...

The ITG Panel Filter, as I have said before, makes little or no difference as far as I am concerned. Wouldn't bother with it if I started again.

Reaction score
I suppose the only benefit of the panel filter is that it never needs replacing. You'll get the money back on it after a couple of services.

Reaction score
Many thanks T7PHY,

That sounds like just what I need. Now just need to have a chat with the wife about how important this is....... :roll:

Reaction score
Actually, T7PHY, sorry to bug you with questions, but did you get yours done? Looks like you're not too far from me so just wondered if there was someone good nearby. If you did it yourself, would you consider giving a hand....?

Always believe in asking? :D

Reaction score
reboot said:
Actually, T7PHY, sorry to bug you with questions, but did you get yours done? Looks like you're not too far from me so just wondered if there was someone good nearby. If you did it yourself, would you consider giving a hand....?

Always believe in asking? :D

Sorry for being slow mate - don't use internet much at weekends.

I bought my Janspeed from POTN and had it fitted at Rentech in Portsmouth. They are brilliant. Just had my 36k service done there plus brembo brake disc package fitted a couple of weeks ago... They really care and charge much fairer prices too.

There is noone good nearby in London/Surrey unfortunately. Rentech is about 75 miles from my flat in Battersea so not too bad and a fun day out!

Tom.

Reaction score
Tom, no worries at all mate. No great rush. Thanks for the info. I just did my 24000m service at Rentech a few weeks ago. I agree with you that Rentech are excellent. Will get in touch with them when the time comes. I'm near Cobham, so about 15 miles closer to Rentech than you.... and yes, it is a good day out.

Really appreciate your help.

Nick

Reaction score
hi im new to all of this but ive just had my clio trophy for about a week now and its awesome, and ive just orderd a supersports ultra performance exhaust system with a sports cat, how much difference do you think itl make on the car apart from the new noise?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not one I've actually heard of, realistically the noise is the only thing you will notice, it'll probably be a little lighter but don't expect any power gains of any significance, maybe 1or 2 bhp.