Reaction score
hi guys

just wondering if any one else's Clio sounds bad when cold between 1000 - 3000 rpm? sounds lk its blowing? etc had it checked and there are no leaks? any other reason for this

there is a janspeed exhaust fitted middle and back box...just wondering if a d-cat will sound better/cure the sound ?

also struggles for like 2 mins when cold...but then its great an no problems after that ?

thanks

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That'll be like everyone else's then. ;-) for the first couple of minutes they really have the dog.

I normally leave mine running for a couple of minutes before I jump in and I wait for at least ten minutes of grannyish driving before I go near 3k of revs.

Reaction score
tractor said:
Hello mate sounds like you've got a similar problem to me :(

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7641

It sounds like mine's an exhaust related problem, but i haven't found time to investigate it yet.

hi tractor....yeah very similar...whats the millage on yours if u don't mind me asking?

so you still have the cat fitted yeah?... i was thinking of taking mine off... sounds from that area only at low revs

Reaction score
hoolio said:
That'll be like everyone else's then. ;-) for the first couple of minutes they really have the dog.

I normally leave mine running for a couple of minutes before I jump in and I wait for at least ten minutes of grannyish driving before I go near 3k of revs.

so are you sayin that its normal for them to sound noisey/run poor at 1st when cold?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
yeh. sounds normal to me! They're all lumpy and crap to drive for the first few minutes when cold, once they get through their cold start cycle they behave like normal again.

Reaction score
Mine's just ticked round 28k. Ive had a right mission since ive had the car to seal the exhaust in the cat region. In the end ive fitted new exhaust mounts right through, new clamp and new conical sealing kit on the cat too.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2334

This and the clamp for the cat made the biggest difference. The standard cat-to-mid section clamp is made of monkey metal. Get a new one from renault they have really beefed it up now and it only costs 6 quid or so.

Reaction score
tractor said:
Mine's just ticked round 28k. Ive had a right mission since ive had the car to seal the exhaust in the cat region. In the end ive fitted new exhaust mounts right through, new clamp and new conical sealing kit on the cat too.

http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2334

This and the clamp for the cat made the biggest difference. The standard cat-to-mid section clamp is made of monkey metal. Get a new one from renault they have really beefed it up now and it only costs 6 quid or so.

ok cheers sounds good...ill be doin that very soon...and might still go for the de-cat also