Reaction score
I've been having tghe same problems dude. I have removed the shims and filed down the backing plate (as recommended by many on clio sport) but still no joy. I have Brembo HC disks, braided hoses and DOT 5.1 fluid.

I haven't tried making sure the callipers are really clean but I have put a small amount of copper slip on the sliders. Mine bind even when not braking, and they squeel even more when braking. I'm so pissed off with them I've just put my old pads back in!

It was suggested my callipers could have seized, however, they no longer squeel now that the OE pads are back in. The OE pads are terrible so I really need to resolve the issue sharpish. Maybe I'll clean everything up a bit better but to be honest I can't see it doing much as my T has only done 23K.

:(

Reaction score
I'm gonna clean the sliders again and put some proper grease on them, does anyone know if Castrol red rubber grease can be used on caliper sliders?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Seem to be getting some minor binding / squeal when moving slowly. Wondering if pads need removing and filing again? Shims have already been removed.

Any ideas?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If they bind when they have been well used (hot), then it's likely you need to file more off as they are expanding too much.
If they still bind when cold and you have never suffer this problem before then it could be that the pistons are not retracting properly, in which case you just need to clean around the piston, apply a small amount of copper grease and free it up a bit.

Reaction score
Try putting copious amounts of copper grease on the back of the pad.

I must admit in all my years of owning clio's, ive never had a squeak out of DS2500's!! Just remove the shims, copper grease them up & away you go ... CL's are however, noisy buggers.