Reaction score
driving home today the exhaust monitor warning light comes on when I get stuck in traffic. This goes of when moving.
The handbook says go to renault soon as. Anyone else had this, if so does the t need a new exhaust.

simon.

Reaction score
It will just be one of the lamda sensors have a french moment.

If it stays on longer than a couple of trips out they might need replacing but dont go near dealers!!! [-X

Reaction score
its done it for the last two outings now, mainly when in traffic.
what is the sensor then, and is this costly.

simon.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine does this when sat in traffic, machanic told me it is down to constant change in vehicle being driven and then stopping, and vice versas - lambda gets confused. Tad annoying mind!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine does it all the time mate, especially since I had the new exhaust system fitted. I just use the code reader to clear it and ensure that there are no other error codes that need addressing. For the record, all emmissions etc are just fine.

Interestingly, I've found that activating the speed limiter causes it to illuminate 99% of the time... :?:

Reaction score
so do you guys think its best to get it checked at my local(non renault) garage.
I no nothing about mechanics etc.

simon.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
FISHER said:
so do you guys think its best to get it checked at my local(non renault) garage.
I no nothing about mechanics etc.

simon.
Do you know anyone with an OBD reader? If so, hook that up and see what it says...

Otherwise, it's your call really. If you've got no other concerns/worries about how your car is running, I wouldn't worry too much. I can appreciate that peace of mind may tempt you to get it checked though so in that case a friendly indie garage would likely be a good bet.

Reaction score
ill ask around at work as few ex/part time mechanics.
thanks for advice and cool avatar thingee

simon.

Reaction score
I think you should deff get it checked, just to be sure you know what the problem is. If it's the lamda I think it's an expensive part. Could always decat it for a bit. If it is the lamda you will get poor fuel consumption also. Are you on CS? Search for it on there and I'm sure you'll find what info you want/need.

Reaction score
will most prob get checked out on weds.
hope not too expensive as just spent bit on her. Only done 1200 since i got her.

simon.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Where abouts are you based? Someone on here may have a code reader you can plug in.

Reaction score
You can buy an OBDII reader from ebay for about £20, allows you to check the fault code, and then reset it, which will turn off the light. A useful tool to have.

Reaction score
Can these work for any renault? I only ask as an engine service light has come up on his 07 megane, wanted to know if he could turn it off. Renault said they wont turn it off unless he has a service!

Reaction score
I don't know whether an OBDII reader can turn off service lights, I think it's more for fault lights.

It could be that the light has come on because....oh, I don't know.....the car needs a service!? :wink:

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
littleandy0410 said:
I don't know whether an OBDII reader can turn off service lights, I think it's more for fault lights.

It could be that the light has come on because....oh, I don't know.....the car needs a service!? :wink:

I think they still reset it through the OBD. So the clock starts counting down for the next service for both time and milage.

Reaction score
based just outside woking, surrey. I know there are about two other ts around here. Ill look on ebay for a reader I think.

simon.

Reaction score
I had this on my car a while back. I do short drives to the station and back everyday. Took it out on for an hour long blast in the hope that it will clear everything out burn off any carbon deposits etc. The following day no more emissions light! Now I always make sure I take the time on the weekends to give the car a good spank to keep it in tip top condition!