Reaction score
Fitted a BTB zorst a few months ago and noticed it was blowing from the cat join a few weeks ago and put it on list of things to do. Yesterday the gas monitor warning light came on. So today i covered the joint in zorst sealent for joins, clamped it back up and ran it for 20mins to harden it, plus took it for a blast of about 2 20mins stints. It's not blowing anymore but the light is still on the dash. i'm aware it could be one of the sensors, and was hoping if it was the low temps lately the blast would clear anything through, and if it was the leaky join re-doing that would solve it.

My question is how long would the ecu take to pick up the fact that there is no more leak and turn the light off?

cheers!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Not sure, normally they need to be reset by plugging the car in. My old Cup came on with the de-cat and then went off randomly on its own after a month or so.

Always see if someone near you has a OBD reader, where are you based?

Reaction score
Thanks for the offer fella, i did wonder whether i would need one of those. Argos sell one pretty cheap but wouldn't know how to use it. I'm guessing you'd need a table of fault codes and stuff coz i'm sure it wouldn't be in plain english!

Reaction score
If the light has come on normally 9/10 its the lamba sensor. Try cleaning the sensor first before reseting the light as the ecu wont do itself you can do this buy cleaning it with petrol!

Reaction score
Mines come on twice since I bought the car a few months ago.

It's only stayed on for a couple of journeys to and from work though (50 miles) and then it stays out.

Both times it has come on have been when I have been really low on petrol so im not sure if that has any impact at all? Maybe the cold weather aswell?

You may well find it goes out again on its own like mine.

Reaction score
Very interesting to know lads! £24 on ebay nice one! I should have been a bit more patient, the following morning i got in and the light was off so i got my answer!

Fix the problem, go for a drive, leave it overnight and voila! I do love my trophy

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
they are easy to use - less complex than a basic phone.

if you get a sensor that trips for more than 10 sec's it'll need the dashboard light resetting.

Reaction score
Since the snow started mine has come on twice, each time only for a day or two. nothing further for the last few days. Could it be the cold weather?

Reaction score
Mine has come on again too - I suppose it could be the cold weather. Just going to leave it a few days and see if it turns itself out - If not I'll just buy a reader from eBay.

Reaction score
I had the same problem and I think its to do with the cold weather we've been having and the short journeys I normally do. My theory is because of these factors, the engine runs richer for longer leaving more carbon deposits and CAT and sensors never gets hot enough to burn it all off. So took the car for an hour long blast on the weekend. Kept the engine speed high-ish driving in a lower gear than I normally would mixed in with numerous redline moments. The emissions light is no longer glowing. Plus its cheaper and more fun than using a code reader.

Incidentally, are only remapped motors affected by this or does it also occur on standard cars? My car has RS192 CAT back and Unichip with standard airbox and filter.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Mine flashes now and then when sat in traffic, I put it down to the Orb I have on my T.

nby

Reaction score
same problem here, I replaced the front lambda sensor for £60 and after resetting the light using the obd2 reader and it has not come back and my mpg has increased a fair amount.

I used the car for the first time since the snow started (2 weeks) and I had the engine management flashing for approx 2 seconds whilst pottering about, so I swiftly took it on the motorway to give it a blast and get all of the crap out and its been sweet as a nut since.