Reaction score
Has anyone thats had their exhaust changed cut one of the boxes open to see how they are inside?
I ask because I have been told -

1. Straight through from inlet to out let pipe of box

2. 2 or 3 pass inside the box so that if you pushed a small tube through one end it wouldnt come out through the outlet.

If its the former I doubt that you would get any performance gain as its already straight through.If its the latter you should see a gain.

Any thoughts?

Reaction score
Much simpler, I have pushed a garden cane right through both boxes and as the cane is longer than the box, they must be 'straight through'. My only objection to the standard seet up is that it seems very heavy.

Reaction score
George K said:
Much simpler, I have pushed a garden cane right through both boxes and as the cane is longer than the box, they must be 'straight through'. My only objection to the standard seet up is that it seems very heavy.

George
I remember you telling me this but it was either Yozza or K-tech who told me that they were all 2 or 3 pass inside the box ?

cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No unfortunately i don't, TBH the Renault piece felt a lot heavier than the 22.5, it would be good if ppl could weigh them before they are fitted but i suppose they just want to get them on a.s.a.p. I would have weighed the Orb before i fitted it but a malfunctioning toilet :shock: destroyed my scales all i know is that you could easily have used the pipe as a light sabre and back box was pop under the arm carryable, you try doing that with the reno one.

Reaction score
A quick search found this....

Yozza cat back exhaust is 16 kg

KTR Jansspeed 8kg less = 14/15 kg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd be very surprised if the Orbisoud strayed too far into double figures if at all.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes indeed but I think worth every penny and i think Theo and Mat B would agree. Apparently K-tec have only got a few left and then they will stop stocking it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just received this:

"From memory the complete system is around 5kg lighter than the standard 182 system.

I hope this helps."

Well frankly, no it doesn't, the Renault cat on it's own weighs as much as a small planet, with the sports version you lose the middle box completely, the pipe is alloy not steel and the Orb has only one back box which can't weigh much more than each of the Reno boxes.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just heard back again, apparently the Orb weighs in at 16kg's inclusive of the cat.
Still find it difficult to believe that it's only six and a half kg's lighter than the renault hunk.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah i appreciate it's a silly price, i just wanted to to try to get the weight differential sorted once and for all. I have to admit I'm surprised and disappointed at how small it is and not fully convinced, recently purchased a decent trolley jack and stands and i need to get the heatshield back on so i may weigh them myself.