Reaction score
thought i would share this with you all
the wife was down at the dealers having som new conti's put on the front of her R27...(lasted 17k if anyones interested)
she got down there at 8am and waited while they did them (i had rang the day before to make sure they had got them in ready )
after an 2 hours she was pretty sick and asked what was happening only to be told...
"its taking so long because you asked for them not to scratch the alloys"
"so if i wasnt bothered about the wheels would it have been done faster ?" she replied
"yes"

(sigh) will the dealers ever get better?
[-o<

Reaction score
Priceless.. :lol: ](*,)

The evidence for independents just grows and grows..

Reaction score
:lol: Some people really have no idea. 2 hours to change tyres.... its really not hard to change tyres and not damage the rims... crap equipment or poor training...hmmmm [-X

Reaction score
Now that 196 is out of warranty I feel safe in the knowledge that I'll never have to take her to a dealer again!!

Monkeys..........

Reaction score
lol - you really shouldn't expect any less from Renault

If they struggle fitting a basic tyre god only knows how they manage complex things like cambelts!

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
omg.... what amazes me most is not that the stealers are soooo poor but that reno puts up with them being the public face of their brand.

Reaction score
Scott...yep how did you guess ?
there used to be a guy who was really into the renault sport stuff and hadnt been tainted by the other usless service staff (yet), the last time i took the trophy down he came out and talked cars for ages...and did something on the bill (called Blane i think)
well he's left now,so normal service has been resumed i guess... so maybe i'll try benfield rd or R & P woods next to the freeman hospital.
i remember a few years back i was really on for buying a V6 clio, scotswood had a silver Mk2, i booked 2 test drives and each time when i turned up one of the salesman was out in it, i couldnt be arsed to book a 3rd and spent my cash elsewhere.

Reaction score
I think i remember that V6, it was always parked on the grass at the front. It was about teh same time i bought my FF182. I have always had crap service from them, they are no help at all.
I went with a mate to Benfield road not long ago when he bought his R27, same colour as yours, and the sales bloke said i should have took it there for warranty work, more chance of it getting fixed.
I hear there is a good place near the Arena, T W Barker i think, i rang them not long ago about my cambelt change but they never rang back. Apparently the bloke that owns it is into his Renaults.

It would be a good laugh meeting up in the two Trophys and the two R27, how mad would that look driving about.