Reaction score
Another great meet. Not as much convoy driving as the previous few outings but a good opportunity to chat and also to get some passenger rides! (Big thanks to Dallas for negotiating the tight gaps, 4 up in the blue barge! Also to Jules and Luke for back to back Orb race/soft comparisons!).

Here are a selection of my photos, hastily adjusted and uploaded...

Look forward to the next one!!

PS. I did take a few pics at the pub... Sadly I had forgotten to put the memory card in my camera at that point - D'uh! #-o

Enjoy. (If anyone wants higher res originals, drop me a line :D )

Cheers

Rich

EssexMeetApr09_1.jpg

EssexMeetApr09_2.jpg

EssexMeetApr09_3.jpg

EssexMeetApr09_8.jpg

EssexMeetApr09_9.jpg

EssexMeetApr09_4.jpg

EssexMeetApr09_5.jpg

My lens was just big enough to capture the barge... :wink:
EssexMeetApr09_6.jpg

EssexMeetApr09_7.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Great pictures, really like the one from the doorway of the shooting range and the one with the nettles.

Big thanks to Dallas for negotiating the tight gaps, 4 up in the blue barge!

Haha, feels good to be alive this morning [-o< Joking aside, thanks for the ride Dallas was an eye opener. Think you have got your self a real upgrade to the trophy.

Nice to check the mark fish mods in Lukes car and the orb. My drive back to Cambridge felt very quiet in comparison.

hmmm VTEC.... :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry G i just realised that i didn't give you a ride, i also didn't get a trip in the Luxo-Barge :wink:
If you get a chance can you email me the video of the "Jet" :lol:

Rich the last pic would look except for the big blue thing in the background :wink: But seriously if you fill in the sky as you've done on the corners it'll look great.

Reaction score
Cheers for compliments

Gazza said:
Haha, feels good to be alive this morning [-o< Joking aside, thanks for the ride Dallas was an eye opener. Think you have got your self a real upgrade to the trophy.

Nice to check the mark fish mods in Lukes car and the orb. My drive back to Cambridge felt very quiet in comparison.

hmmm VTEC.... :D

Hearing the VTEC coming from afar was great and being inside watching the shift indicator slowly light up in spite of the fact that it sounded like a gear change was necessary some time ago was ace!

hoolio said:
Rich the last pic would look except for the big blue thing in the background :wink: But seriously if you fill in the sky as you've done on the corners it'll look great.

Think that's one of my favourite shots. It needs a little more time spent on it to adjust the mood of the photo and to photoshop a splitter on to your car! :wink: :lol:

Enjoyed the drive home - nice blast following G. Mark, sorry I didn't acknowledge you turning off - I didn't realise where you would be leaving the convoy. The roads after Luke and I left Graham were fun, although we did have to keep stopping in order to give the traffic some time to go through the bends, else we would have been driving them at 2mph #-o

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Sorry G i just realised that i didn't give you a ride, i also didn't get a trip in the Luxo-Barge :wink:
If you get a chance can you email me the video of the "Jet" :lol:

No problem about the ride, would of been nice to compare the exhaust but I will trade it in for a ride in the 5 turbo one day... :wink:

Will try and sort out the video tonight, there is a lot of wind noise unfortunately. Shame i didn't catch the VTEC howl on video too..

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Gazza said:
Shame i didn't catch the VTEC howl on video too..

That was Mental wasn't it :)

Btw, not sure i'll be doing "that" to the 5 :wink:

Reaction score
Rich - great shots as usual!

Lasting memories...

Dallas - much respect for your new motor, it REALLY is epic and I can see what all the fuss is about!
Hoolio - mint car and an exhaust note that sounds like a low flying aircraft! It just needs wings...
Luke - hard core track animal, good luck at Bedford and with getting a new job
Gazza - our local guide to some of the best back roads Essex has to offer
Rich - our staff photographer who likes to keep us all amused with this dress sense :D

We'll have to organise another meet in the next few months....

Reaction score
Another sun shiny day down in Essex...who'da thunk it :wink:
After defending the honour of the Red H :-w I can now return to being Capt. Slow
I'm glad I still didn't have my Trophy as it woulda been put to shame by the concourse shine of a couple of them there :oops:

Reaction score
^^ Well we all drive the same cars.. I guess I had to be different somehow..! :D

marrow said:
Lasting memories...

Dallas - much respect for your new motor, it REALLY is epic and I can see what all the fuss is about!
Hoolio - mint car and an exhaust note that sounds like a low flying aircraft! It just needs wings...
Rich - our staff photographer who likes to keep us all amused with this dress sense :D
Mark - disappearing in the FD2 at high revs after requesting Dallas go easy with him :lol:

Reaction score
Awesome pics guys!! looked like a fun day!

How did the trophy comapre with the civic, handling, acceleration, mid range e.t.c ???

Reaction score
Trophy No.
quik 5i 1ver said:
marrow said:
Lasting memories...

Julio - mint car and an exhaust note that sounds like a low flying aircraft! It just needs wings...
Mark - disappearing in the FD2 at high revs after requesting Dallas go easy with him :lol:

All of the above but rediscovered my enthusiasm for driving and the T, I'll stress enthusiasm rather than accomplisment :) but i could have driven that bit of road all day.

Reaction score
It was a great little meet guys. Thanks very much for sorting that out. Those were some fantastic roads - especially at the airfield and following Rich on the way home :D . I'll be going back on the bike soon.

FRb20 - The Civic has very focused suspension and tyres. Its pretty impressive. No idea what the midrange is like as Dallas never let the revs go below about 6k :D .

I'm off to clean the inside of my tailpipes :^o

Cheers Guys.

Reaction score
Was interesting following the Civic. I was trying to anticipate Dallas' acceleration when we hit open sections. He was definitely pulling away although maybe not as vastly as I had anticipated. Wouldn't be possible for me to compare standing start acceleration as we were 4 up when I had a ride but I have to say, even with 4 of us on board it felt rapid - more so than the T would. The ride was markedly harder but very composed. As graham said above, it is a very worthy step up from the T - a great car.

Reaction score
Fullraceb20: there's some mid-range from 4000 to 5800, enough that you can come out of a T-junction in 2nd or make your way through a motorway exit/roundabout in 3rd... but obviously it's no torque machine, but certainly more than my Civic Si back in Canada or a Clio 197.
Of course now that I got the first service out of the way Monday, it's like a thousand-million times faster and more responsive now :roll: :lol:

Reaction score
duffer987 said:
Of course now that I got the first service out of the way Monday, it's like a thousand-million times faster and more responsive now :roll: :lol:

If it had wings, it really would fly :D

Are you wearing a crash helmet for normal driving? :)

Reaction score
marrow said:
duffer987 said:

If it had wings, it really would fly :D

Are you wearing a crash helmet for normal driving? :)

LOL! just for a laugh it would be quite funny to drive to work wearing a helmet, puttering along at 20mph down the high street :oops: :lol:
Going to start playing with the AST suspension this weekend to see how it effects/affects the firmness and travel.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks to Gazza for the videos, finally managed to get them open and the effort was well worth it :D

Reaction score
... I'm yet to see the videos - G - quit it with the suspense already!