Reaction score
on at all times. braked too late going into a roundabout with cold brakes and i could feel the system correct the rear slide. shame it couldn't change my underwear too. will never switch it off.

Reaction score
I always left mine on, and i always leave it on in the Megane.

I've driven a fair few cars with many electrical driver aids and i honestly think that renaults have the best systems, or maybe that should read the least intrusive systems. You can really throw the clios (and meganes) about without so much of a flicker from the esp/asr but if things do get out of hand it does a very good job of straightening things up again.

Gman

Reaction score
felix said:
on at all times. braked too late going into a roundabout with cold brakes and i could feel the system correct the rear slide. shame it couldn't change my underwear too. will never switch it off.

Had a very similar experience myself so yes, always on for me as well. you dont realise how effective it is until you turn it off and have a brown moment

Reaction score
On - on the road, because its a good system, although you have to drive like lume to activate it to any great extent.
Not only that its a pain to turn off all the time and its good as you guys have said for that 'unexpected moment' :?

However on the track, if you can drive and you know the circuit I think its quicker with it off.
On the limit you can feel it working and there is a suspended feeling before the car will take power again.
Its not much but I prefer full control, TBH the car is so good you dont need it, in the dry anyway :wink:

Reaction score
Always on on the road for safety, but occasionally switch it off for some roundabout fun.. :D As has already been said, it's a very good system so doesn't cut in uneccessarily.

Reaction score
Aye, the same as the above, it doesn't seem to cut power unnecessarily so I don't see the point of switching it off, it's there to try and save my life if needs be.

Reaction score
in answer to this i recently drove a mates 172 Cup in cold/icy weather and i can tell you i felt a SH!T load more confident in the ESP-equipped T than the grass-roots Cup.

The cup just didnt feel like it'd go or stop, that's before this crazy siberian weather appeared...

Reaction score
This might be a stupid question but if the ESP (orange) light is on does it mean i've switched it off?

Reaction score
yes light on means its off.
interestingly the R27 esp kicks in a lot sooner than the trophys ever did, maybe it just lets go sooner?