Reaction score
has anyone fitted matched manifolds?
sport cams?
been looking at K-Tec ones and been debating it.

and de-cats?? who's got one has it made a difference and has everyone just pulled out the emissions light?

Reaction score
I have got matched inlets on mine, and I find it more lively and picks up better. Also got PTFE gaskets which keep the heat down :)

Wanted to go for cams but thats if for the car now lol

Reaction score
Matched inlets appear to be of limited benefit to the 182, as the standard are meant to be better than for the 172.

My own experience of cams is that the standard ECU will only support a stable idle with very mild chnages - so again of marginal benefit (certainly on a £/bhp basis).

A good remap is by far the best value.

Reaction score
Remaps are a waste of money.

I'm yet to see good proof that they give any worthwhile gain whatsoever on clios. Infact the least powerful 197 I have seen has had a remap at RS Tuning.

Cams are v expensive after fitting and maping and make little difference on the road believe me I wasted tons of money on my 172 Cup.

Dont get me wrong nowt wrong with modding but it takes big money to make any difference on an n/a car.

Reaction score
I had my inlets matched at Angelworks and the car gained a bit of midrange. I was happy with the results but some people have not been. My car has a maxogen and remap and I think its much better for it as I don't have to drop a gear so often or wring its neck to make good progress. It ads up to a lot of cash though so its hard to recommend! I've had my T for 4 years so I'm happy to invest money in it. :D

Reaction score
thanks guys, for all the help i think some matched inlets and a re-map are the way forward.

Reaction score
That's best part of £600!! you'll end up with about 5bhp increase which is about the equivalent of the difference between a full tank of fuel and an empty one!

It's a complete waste of money!

For 600 quid (with a px) you could be running lighter wheels with R888s now that you would notice!

Reaction score
I have before and after graphs from an independent r/r.

Inlets, cams and generic re-amp yielded 7 bhp.

Subsequent bespoke re-map yielded another 12 plus. Whether this is because this re-map maximised the benefits of the inlet and cams or because the engine needed fuelling and ignition to optimised per se will never be known.

It is interesting to note that the 197/200 has more aggressive valve timing and a different inlet manifold - much shorter runners, to make any siginifcant improvement, so draw your own conclusions, but then it apparently becomes a more peaky engine

Reaction score
George K said:
I have before and after graphs from an independent r/r.

Inlets, cams and generic re-amp yielded 7 bhp.

Subsequent bespoke re-map yielded another 12 plus. Whether this is because this re-map maximised the benefits of the inlet and cams or because the engine needed fuelling and ignition to optimised per se will never be known.

It is interesting to note that the 197/200 has more aggressive valve timing and a different inlet manifold - much shorter runners, to make any siginifcant improvement, so draw your own conclusions, but then it apparently becomes a more peaky engine

When I had the cams done on my 172 as a quick check it had a generic map on it. It was then put back to standard maping and it made more power then it was maped properly and it made another 15bhp.

So for £1500 I got about 15bhp.....WOW!!!

Reaction score
gib172 said:
I have got matched inlets on mine, and I find it more lively and picks up better. Also got PTFE gaskets which keep the heat down :)

Wanted to go for cams but thats if for the car now lol

gib172, what company did you use ? also did you get the penium chamber done aswell ??

Chris