MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Was under the bonnet of the trophy tonight and i came across this unknown wire.

Its been taped up and it been hanging down for some time as it was all dirty.

All my lights / fogs / horn and everthing else work so i have no idea what its for. . . .Can someone check there 182 to maybe have a look and help me out with where it goes and what it is for ?

2m2cjno.jpg

1zbt5oh.jpg

5n6w0l.gif

Reaction score
That's quite probably the connector that leads to the pointless valve thing that hides behind the wheel arch cover at the end of the air intake that leads to the filter. Most owners remove this pointless valve, hence the wiring is left dangling. I believe it's to do with noise under startup but from previous topics even Renault couldn't say what it was for! Ive taken mine off while i was down there just for good measure to ensure no blockages for air getting into the engine.

Reaction score
Yes, it was for the acoustic valve which clearly is no longer there!

Reaction score
Indeed, that does look very much like the acoustic valve connector. No need to worry.

It's worth having a look at whether the person who disconnected it has left the actual vale in place (requires a live disconnection at open position). The main benefit to having it there is that you get the same flow of cold air into the engine as designed by Renault. When you remove the whole thing, the intake is somewhat shorter and therefore not as good at collecting the cold air.
Some people have chosen to remove the whole device - i think because it weighs a kilo or two?? I thnk they are foolish :D

In terms of performance, you won't see much increase in having it disconnected. What you will see though, is increased noise. You might also notice that revs are slower to fall when you come off the throttle - i believe the valve closes when throttle is off.

As stormduck says though, nobody seems to be 100% sure on the whole issue!

Reaction score
shows you what i know! I was curious what would happen by taking it off while i was in that area doing something else...my results...no difference .... I think!

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Can someone be kind enough to post a picturw or 2 of thia vavle and things ?

Reaction score
Hi mate, I took mine off when I fitted an ITG Maxogen induction kit, as there is little point keeping it on as the Maxogen doesn't use it at all. Lots of people remove them as they believe they're restrict the airflow to the air box.

Attachments

• acoustic-valve.jpg
    acoustic-valve.jpg
    655.1 KB · Views: 37