Reaction score
Has anyone ever modded the passenger window electrics to have auto wind like the driver-side? Presumably it's just a case of ordering the box of tricks that does it for the driver-side (as long as it's not part of some larger system), finding somewhere to hide it and wiring it into the loom?

I had a Pug 307 courtesy car that auto-wound both windows while mine was in the garage the other month, and then when I got back in the Trophy I missed it and thought "Hmmmm.. why not?"

Is anyone with a copy of Dialogys able to find out the details of the part(s) responsible i.e. relays/sensors etc? If I can get enough information I will of course document my efforts for anyone else who is mad enough to try it in the future :lol:

Reaction score
Sounds a well worth while mod as long as it's not too difficult :wink:

Good luck

Reaction score
it would be handy but won't bother changing it for the amount of hassle for the gain.

my brothers evo 9 has 4 auto windows and thats really nice!

Reaction score
yeah...my 106 gti had the side windows that fliped out at the back.dont know why renault didnt bother with this... i think the williams clio had these ,i might be wrong

Reaction score
son of solo said:
i think the williams clio had these ,i might be wrong

You are right the Williams did have those pop out windows, I guess it's a case of Renault saving money...or they are trying to tell us that you really shouldn't have anyone in the back! :lol:

G

Cue said:
my m3 had electric rear's also - not full windows those corner windows, that was a nice touch.
Did you like those? I've always thought they were a bit pointless. The E92 has done away with 'em...

rojer386

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My little Ibiza has auto wind passenger window, nice touch but don't know if I could be bothered with the hassle of fitting one to my car if it didnt have it.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
David87 said:
Cue said:
my m3 had electric rear's also - not full windows those corner windows, that was a nice touch.
Did you like those? I've always thought they were a bit pointless. The E92 has done away with 'em...

As air con was still a novelty then also - being able to open the rear windows of a coupe (which doesn't have full windows) was always a treat....:) small things n'all. not that it would ever influence a car purchase