Reaction score
fix that ECU bracket by simply putting 2 washers behind the M10 nut, holding it in place...problem sloved

Attachments

• 100_2692.jpg
    100_2692.jpg
    725.6 KB · Views: 56
Reaction score
I certainly will do, as soon as Mill Lane fit the correct part on the third attempt! Nice of them to say they will come to me to fit it on Saturday morning though. Fingers crossed :)

Looks like you've sandwiched the bracket between the two washers then put the M10 back on. Is that right or just an optical illusion?

Reaction score
Any chance of posting a 'zoomed out' picture so that I can locate and check mine ?.

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, an exploded pic would be good as i can't really see what's going on either.

Reaction score
Double click that one and it becomes HUGE. It is two washers 'sandwiching' the bracket with the M10 on top. It looks like the bracket has broken too and this is Son of Solo's fix.

In the blown up photo you can see a snapped edge.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Don't you mean it becomeshuge :)

Yeah it does look broken, i thought this was a remedy to stop that happening :?

Reaction score
Well spotted Gordon !!.

Where in the engine bay is this ?, is the ECU brkt the black panel just behind the battery ?.

Cheers,
Rob.

Reaction score
Correct it's the ECU pack behind the battery. The bit that snaps is attached to the N/S front inner wing, by the damper top mount.

Agreed. I also though this would stop it happening, perhaps the extra washers will support it sufficiently.

Reaction score
yep it was like that when i bought No.49 over 2 years ago (the thread is titled "fix" ), but the washers will also stop it happening as it seems to snap nearer the bolt at the thinnest piont.
i guess quite a few trophys are out of warranty now and this will fix it.
my mk1 172 did the same, once replaced i put the washers in and it never happened again

anyway i've changed the first line of the thread to avoid futher confusion

Reaction score
Thanks Gordon - I will check mine tonight.

A very flimsy design by Renault - if it is subject to load or vibration it would have been better rubber isolated like wiper motors and a whole host of motorbike components. Guess it all comes down to cost ....................