Reaction score
Hi all,

Took my car for a power run today to see where the clio was at. I know you need to take the results with a pinch of salt but would appreciate anybodys view on whether or not the car is there or there abouts where it should be given its age and milage.

Right the car has done 81000 miles and is stock apart from the exhaust (Prospeed). I personally was not too impressed with the results so would like to hear what anybody has got to say and if they can compare readings. I know different dynos can not be compared but thought it would be interesting to see where other people are at.

Below are the graphs...View attachment Dyno Run (@ wheels) Trophy.pdfView attachment Dyno Run Trophy.pdf

Thanks,

Steff.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can understand why you may be disappointed but those readings could be well out or actually as per the second graph fairly similar to other adjusted graphs I have seen. It always struck me as pointless tbh unless you were trying to measure before and after results of performance mods as readings are generally not what peeps expect.
Also was the T ever about powahh, it's much more.

Reaction score
I totally agree that the Trophy is all about handling but wanted a basline figure to see if it was running right as it hasn't felt as strong as it used to be. I don't know anyone with a stock 182 or 172 to be able to compare to see as this would help a bit more than a dyno. Read a lot about RR today and are they really that inaccurate?

There was a mint Trophy there having cams done and a mental 182 Turbo pushing out 250+bhp.

Thanks for the reply mate.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
"hasn't felt as strong as it used to be" Can you think of any reason for that? Has anything happened? A lot of the time these cars are down on power because of poor servicing.
BTW what figures were you expecting and what in particular are you disappointed with?

Reaction score
Those numbers are fairly normal for a stock motor from my understanding. My one was just over 170bhp pre mapping and induction kit - now it's just over 186 with 166 ft lbs torque.

Reaction score
The numbers, by the way, are relative; i.e. only useful to compare before and after on the same dyno on the same day. So don't get hung up on the figures, it's what it drives like that's important.

Reaction score
Before I had the cambelt change it felt agrressive at 5250rpm. It pulled well but over time it has seemed to wear off. I know you get used to power and that but it is noticable and doesnt seem as eager. This was done like 30000 miles ago though so cant see how it would be related to this. I have read about cam timing being out but can't find a great deal of info. If it was this wouldn't the belt have gone by now? Sorry im not mechanically educated.

Was dissapointed with the WHP. The torque figures seem ok and the flywheel power is to be expected tbh. As you say though this figure could be out.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I didn't want to get into actual figures as there does seem a massive variation and you are correct the adjusted figure does seem about right but there does seem to be a discrepancy between that and the ATW figure (which is the one that counts) it does seem quite low. If you allow a high fwd loss of 20% through the drivetrain you get 152 hp which is not great and a lot less than the 169 they have calculated.

Reaction score
That seems fine to me for a pretty standard car and as long as the AFR Air Fuel Ratio is healthy I wouldn't stress about it.
Depending on where your based and who did the cambelt it might be worth someone looking at the cam timing.

Trophy's are not really about power just get it set up right for fast road and track then enjoy :) x