Drivers Seat Tilt Problem

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Just went to tilt my drivers seat forward to get in the back and i heard a small click.

Looking under the seat i notice that a small plastic bit has burst and that the wire has popped out.
After looking at the passenger side i relocated the wire into place and the seat tilted forward no problems but as the small plastic part has burst the wire fell out again.

I have taken some pictures of the part I'm talking about and I'm sure I'm not the only person this has happened too.

I don't use the back of the Trophy and if i do need to i can either use the passenger side or i can pop the cable into place, Tilt it forward and then put it back in to tilt it back.

Has anyone came up with a fix other than spending £122 on a cable from renault and has anyone done this job as I'm unsure about taking the seat apart.

Clip01.gif

Clip02.gif

Clip03.gif

Clip04.gif

Clip05.gif

Cable01.gif

Reaction score
Looks like the only real way forward here is a new cable as you suggested,have you tried capital seating for spares?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I have sent Capital Seating an e-mail regarding the cable that is required.

I can get the cable cheap via work and things but its then the worrying fact that i don't want to start taking apart my drivers recaro seat.

Looking at the Renault Parts picture I'm unsure if it comes in two parts or one.

I have also thought about hitting the scrap year hoping to find a civic to see if they have the cable.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Spent the day on the case for this cable.

Spoke to capital seating two / three times today and its turns out this is a dealer (Renault) part only as some car makers spec there seats direct from Recaro.

Recaro will not sell to the public and as capital seating said Renault will want to make money on this part.

I have now managed to get the part down to £61.00 so happy at that.