Donation to ClioTrophy.co.uk

Reaction score
I would like to donate money to the upkeep of this site as I know Nik has to pay for this out of his pocket.

Nik - how can I go about doing this?

O.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi Ollie,

I really appreciate the offer :)

I've had a few requests for this in the past and I've always said no to people who've offered because i dont think it's fair that a few individuals should donate money when everyone benefits from the site.

I'd rather have some sort of paid membership scheme which allows people to fund the site / club in a more structured way, and also provide those who do with some sort of extra benefit.

This is something that I want to introduce over the next few months. The site will always be open to all, i don't want to start locking too much down to members only, but i'd like to offer a few incentives for those who help support its running costs.

Thanks again Ollie, i greatly appreciate the support!

Reaction score
How about an Ace Cafe meet (I can try and organise) where we all donate £5 to attend? This money can be put towards the running of the site.

Anyone else have views?

O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nik - keep us posted. Membership would be a good idea but you've got to be careful as it may put some people off registering..... fine balancing act.

Reaction score
How about one star for every £10 donated? :lol:

Sorry :oops:

O.

Reaction score
On ClioSport membership is £5, it won't break the bank and it's only fair to help with the running cost of the site. And hopefully the moderators won't have to ban so many spam automated registering users.

Totally agree with the idea!

Reaction score
Great idea with the membership nik!! (tup)
it would also weed out the people who are not serious about using the site in general!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Fish said:
it would also weed out the people who are not serious about using the site in general!!

Agree with the membership thing, but it's like Nik says i don't think you can lock non members out of the site, you have to remember that with only 500 cars the site is always going to have a limited catchment and we need as many as possible to keep the site fresh and moving.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hoolio said:
Fish said:

Agree with the membership thing, but it's like Nik says i don't think you can lock non members out of the site, you have to remember that with only 500 cars the site is always going to have a limited catchment and we need as many as possible to keep the site fresh and moving.

my point exactly, which is why you don't get many sites like this, sure there are ones dedicated to limited run cars, but not many that are as active and popular.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes i think membership would be a good idea, but there would have to be some benefits of being a member.
I would quite happily donate any way. :D