Reaction score
Hi guys.
im thinking off the idea of getting front and rear strut braces for the trophy.
but do they actually need them.
does anybody think they improve the handling??
I'd like some input from people who have fitted them.
thanks for looking

Reaction score
Trophy No.
As above.

The only one worth looking at is the Pure Motorsport brace in conjunction with their solid top mounts.

Reaction score
IMO If you have no stm's then no use; I have a front strut with STM's and can't honestly say the strut makes any difference; doesn't do any harm though so it stays on.

Reaction score
Mind you, I feel the same way about rear ARB's mounted to a suspended solid beam but there are those who say it makes a difference (quite how I've yet to work out ; no response rqd on this, I know how an arb works by the way :) ).

Reaction score
No - I realise there are those that swear by them, just can't see it on a non indy rear set up...

Reaction score
It drives me mad when I see a strut brace drilled into the turrets held in by a nut and bolt. There more visual then purpose. The Clio is very stiff at the front so no need for one and ones on the rear no purpose as well.

Reaction score
is there anything wrong with a little 3 wheeling, occasional slip, it all part of the skill of driving, make the car two controlled and firm, surely something is lost. ie fun

Reaction score
Trophy No.
GeorgeK used to argue that the way the car cocked a wheel was an essential part of the T's handling ie that stopping it doing so was to hamstring it's cornering abilities iirc.

Reaction score
The front one on my T doesn't stop it 3 wheeling ;-) but I'm talking strut braces not arbs's now.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
is there anything wrong with a little 3 wheeling, occasional slip, it all part of the skill of driving, make the car two controlled and firm, surely something is lost. ie fun

You can steer with the throttle with the ARB, it's still fun.

Reaction score
So we now saying front strut braces do something?

Yes the general thought is, they add weight, they look cool, and if fitted professionally may strengthen the front end, but it is also agreed they are not really necessary. an updated ARB again fitted correctly may also help.

Washing the car this Saturday will have a more noticeable effect.

Reaction score
after driving my megane with out a front brace, i would say fitting one defently helped, after driving the trophy, i would say its fine with out one, maybe would only be beneficial if you use it on track

Reaction score
I have an OMP one fitted by a previous owner. Never driven one without sadly so I can't comment on differences but it looks good, drives beautifully and still tripods so I'm pretty happy. Plus removing it will leave holes in the uprights.

Reaction score
Next time I'm on track I'll do laps with and without my PureMotorsport one and put this to rest ;)

Reaction score
Like powerranger said, i fail to see how a strut brace that just screws/bolts to the metal around the strut top can give any increase in performance, the pure motorsport one on the other hand as its connected directly to the top mounts/struts should in theory stiffen the front up a bit