G

I slid my trophy into a ditch on some singal track roads.
:cry:

Had been getting my lift of over steer dialled on roundabouts and then tryed it on a tight bend oversteered to much went straight into the ditch luckily there wasn't a big impact although the car was on it's side.

Has anyone got any knowledge of getting the panels cheap i need a bumber + valence and a right wheel arch but don't really want to be shafted on cost. As its not worth claiming.

Any help would be appreciated

Reaction score
No idea on panel costs but if you need all that surely its worth claiming? Painting costs really begin to add up...

Hope you get it straightened out soon!

G

you might be right thats why i am trying to get an idea of costs
cheers for the reply

Reaction score
Check out that thread for the guy selling the Trophy recaros. The listing says the car is gonna be broken up, assuming the sides didn't get too wrecked when it rolled you might be able to do a deal there?

G

that sounds awesome do you no how i can contact the guy

Reaction score
i would say unless you can get the old trophy parts you will be looking at an insurance claim. I just finished fixing my old focus from a run in with a deer a few months ago. It needed a new mirror and a new front wing. All in it has cost me about £220, but this was really as cheap as I could make it. both the wing and the mirror are non ford parts. I painted and fitted the mirror myself, but I had to get the wing painted professionally, which was £125. I then fitted the wing on myself as well, but this was only possible because i'm friends with a garage owner so I could us all his stuff for a morning for a nominal fee. without that I couldnt have fitted the wing - it needed the wheel taking off and plenty of long socket sets etc to get at hard to reach bolts. I added up what it would have cost to get it fixed if I didn't do anything myself - closer to £500. And that's not even from a ford dealer. Anyway - the car is fine now, but my point is with three damaged panels it really will be expensive.