Reaction score
During service noticed inner edges of discs had rust build up, so do i replace with stock items or different??

Can get standard set up for £140.

Don't want anything too agresive or wheel lacquer eating as i use car everyday.

On CS they seem to rate 'green stuff' amongst many?

Reaction score
Brembo High Carbons (59.00) & Green Stuff (48.00)? Should be an improvement over standard and you'll be £30 richer ;)

Reaction score
Stay away from the Track pads -PF97 etc unless you want to be replacing your front wheels! Mine have been on for about a month and a bit now and my wheels are ruined! They are slowly getting cleaned up a spoke at a time! I am making the switch to Brembo HC's and EBC's a week on monday!

Reaction score
Could be worth arranging a group buy here if there were enough interested parties.....

I'd rather not organise this one though

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i know a company that'll do one-off Brembo Max (better than high carbon, with grooves) for £90... they may do a group buy for less.

I'm waiting on george's reports on the ceramic PF's before committing to which pads i'm going for.

Steve, my disks are doing this, i'm in two minds whether to replace them as even with 18k gone my pads have a good 7mm left and the disks have loads...... they only get used on track really.

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Brembo High Carbons (59.00) & Green Stuff (48.00)? Should be an improvement over standard and you'll be £30 richer ;)
Yep thats what ive got and for quickish road use and one track event and have proved fantastic.(although they are now squeeking a bit after 3000miles)

Improvement over standard by a long way in my opinion.

Got mine from GDI by the way .

Reaction score
MrD06 said:
green stuff lol utter crap.

Pagid RS42's :)

Think you've missed the point of this thread and Steve's requirements for a replacement set of discs and pads :? No one is saying green stuff are the best pads in the world but they are going to be an improvement over standard and certainly easier to live with on a day to day basis than your Pagids.

Reaction score
Two sets of Mintex M1177 have killed my front wheels, I plan to get them refurbed and have purchased some replacements. Have been thinking about fitting a less aggressive pad but have concerns I will miss the performance?

Reaction score
Cue said:
Steve, my disks are doing this, i'm in two minds whether to replace them as even with 18k gone my pads have a good 7mm left and the disks have loads...... they only get used on track really.

Ditto, only done 11k. Thought yours was uprated cue??
Some demon last second breaking :D

With a track day looming in Aug, didn't want anything to spoil the day.
But at least it's open pit so i can come & go on track when i want.

So whats the problem with standard setup is it the discs or the pads that are the weak link???

Defo don't want any wheel eating combos :(

Chunk, thats a good deal also :eek:

Amm, thats stupidly cheap??????? :shock:

Reaction score
g40steve said:
So whats the problem with standard setup is it the discs or the pads that are the weak link???

Defo don't want any wheel eating combos :(

Not sure what the weak link is, but on the two trackdays I've done in the Trophy on the standard setup, the brakes have started to fade pretty badly.

I've changed my front pads to the Mintex M1144 as they are the first rung on the uprated pad ladder, and are quite a bit cheaper than the equivalent Ferodo DS2500's. If the M1144's go some way to helping the problem, but don't fix it entirely then I'll take the next step up the ladder and try some M1155's, and so on. I've also changed the fluid as well, but that was just general servicing really.

If you really are decided you want to change your discs as well, and want something different to Brembo HC or Max, then Mintex also do a grooved and dimpled disc from the same series as the pads, £200 for the front set - http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Mintex-C-Tech-Bra ... dZViewItem

Reaction score
DS's fade on track, eventually. So I've heard.

Standard pads (Bendix?) are utter poo.

Greenstuff are slightly more expensive than poo but no better smelling. The cheap resin that holds them together is not as heat resistant as it should be.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
No mine are standard. I found that braking very hard - emergency stop hard, from about 70mph gives OEM brakes a lot of bite. Mine feel ok for everyday driving but on track they do fade after 5 or 6 laps, having said that the tyres also go.

That's why I’ve got a track set - so I expect the brakes will feel wholly inadequate come Oulton Park.

Reaction score
I've got Brembo HC discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads and have found them to be excellent both on road and track. The stopping power is great, especially once you get them up to temperature and I haven't had a problem with damaging the rims.

GDI do a couple of kits which might be worth checking out - see http://www.greydevilindustries.com/Prod ... 13944&MID=

Reaction score
just fit pagids's

and use wheel wax.

expensive yes but the best yes.

why settle for less ?

Reaction score
well, I fitted brembo max discs, new fluid and mintex 1177s which was fantsatic on the track - unbelievable stopping power - however when the brakes were cold and under heavy braking you were never sure which way the car was going to go, sometimes a major correction was needed and I felt this was not good. so, after only a thousand miles or so I have changed the pads.

new pads from KTec are Carbon Lorraine and they are brilliant, amazing bite from cold and fabulous stopping when hot - they survived a 60 minute non stop session at brands (smoking at the end admittedly) and we were on track for nearly 6 hoursin total.

they still work brilliantly on the road but are extremely noisy - high pitched sqeak which gets pedestrians covering their ears - I just keep the windows closed!