Reaction score
some people make me laugh, i was on holiday earlier this week and ended up talking to some lads, got onto cars and i said i had a clio trophy and one of them said 'oh yeah i passed me test in one of those the other day' and then he said my trophys blue what colours yours, i just said ....well ..red. i had to ask was it not a cup and he said its got blue on dash and on dials so it must be a 172 cup. anyway after that made me think has anybody passed there test in a red trophy? so anybody??? in not what car did you pass your test in . mine was a vauxhall nova...saloon

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ha.

It really annoys me when I start talking to people about cars and they ask me what car I drive, I say Clio 182 trophy, there response is: 'Oh ye, My friend has a blue one' !!!!!!! NO HE DOESNT ! :evil:

Another lad I spoke to asked 'which' clio trophy was It, MK 1, or Mk 2!.....WTF is that all about !

what car did you pass your test in

I passed my test Second time in a Nissan Micra, With 3 minors.

Reaction score
I failed first time in some korean pile of crap (can't even remember what it was, then passed in a corsa 'B', to then happilly drive my first car......
Beige Mk2 Fiesta L 8)

Reaction score
Failed first test with lots of minors and one major. FIAT PUNTO 1.2.
Passed my second 5 days later, without driving between my first and second test, with 1 minor. VAXHALL CAV 1.6.

Reaction score
Think the Trophy wouldn't be the best car to do a driving test in, with its poor for its size turning radius and stiff clutch... maybe the blue one's are bit easier?
I got my license back in '88 (yes I'm that old :lol: ) when I was 16, driving a Chevy Cavalier (much like the white one)... one unsweet ride :roll:
chevrolet-cavalier-15.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy would be a nightmare car for a driving test I'd imagine. Like duffer says the clutch is very stiff, with a shaking foot from nerves that's just asking for the car to be stalled. I couldn't imagine the examiners around me appreciating the rough ride either, it would be worth 2 extra minors easily.

As for what car I passed my test in, it was a Fiesta 1.25 Ghia, kindly supplied by AA Driving School. Learnt in that, a 1.0l VW Polo and Metro 1.4 Si.

Reaction score
I passed (1st time of course :wink: ) in a clio 1.9dci - brilliant car to learn in - so much power (for a learner) I used to get really wound up by van drivers who sat 2mm from away from my bumper, but oh how I left them in the distance when we ventured onto country lanes :lol:

Reaction score
I passed 2nd time in a 1.1 206 (my instructors car).

I have a bad habit of disbelieving certain people until they prove what they say. I would imagine if he doesn't know what car he had, I would say its very likely he lied about passing his test in it too.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Matt that's not a bad habit it's called scepticism lol.

I can't remember what i passed in - I think it may have been something crap like one of those new shape Lada's they brought out in the early 90's (not the boxy one) as I had to find an instructor who actually taught me how to pass the test not how to drive. I had a couple of attempts at the test as I kept getting pulled up for left foot braking, double clutching and generally doing manoeuvres too quickly for the examiners liking. Observation was always a bad point in their book - i don't really look over my shoulder when reversing - i use the mirrors, similar to how a truck driver reverses. It's impossible to do with harnesses on and I was driving from a young age in races using harnesses so just developed techniques to get around the recommended driving.

Still portray these bad habits now - ingrained in me.