Destructive Misfire

Reaction score
After numerous changed parts (plugs, leads, coil pack, CAT) the T is still throwing up 'Destructive Misfire'.

It runs fine under load now that 2 injectors have been replaced (Number 1 & 3 as instructed by the code reader) but has a rough idle.

Any ideas?

Only had the car since September but didnt really use it until December, it then went into my mates garage on Dec 16th once the EML light came on and ive not had it home since so you could say Trophy ownership isnt going as planned lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd be temped to try the other injectors ..
These things tend to be problems in " Sets " .. eg i would never change just 2 spark plugs

Reaction score
Yeah Rik I gave him the go ahead last night to get the other two injectors replaced. Also got a gearbox leak to fix as its been opened up at some point and not sealed very well, one thing after another at the minute and running out of patience......and money.

Reaction score
Yeah luckily my mechanic is being wary of just replacing things left right and centre so hes trying to figure it out by testing anything he cant before purchasing. Hes already done some wiring repairs as some of the wires were in a shocking state.

BUT he has said the overall condition is pretty mint which was good to hear :)

Reaction score
My bet is an injector. Pull all the injectors out, try to turn it over and see if any aren't working properly.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I changed the injectors when I first got my car and it transformed it. Smoother , picked up faster and more mpg.

I snapped the electrical connection on one of my injectors so I nipped down to Renault for some replacements, near on £80 each!

I nearly died.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
When I had running issues (i.e. most of the time :tonguewink:) it was sometimes down to injectors and Lambda sensors.
I hope you soon get things sorted mate! I appreciate how it can become a drain on the wallet tracking down one thing after another :(

Reaction score
Cheers pal, im sure it will be sorted by this weekend, Im going to just stick 2 new injectors in and see if it sorts it, at least all 4 are new then even if thats not the fix. Next would be a new lambda sensor...............after that Id just sell the damn thing lol

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Also have the same issue on mine. Engine light was flashing if left to idle but more recently it was flashing all the time and the CAT was smelling hot/eggy. No real difference in performance though! Plugged it in to read the faults and Destructive Misfire was stored. Replaced the plugs, coil pack and a preCAT lambda sensor after reading up on this but no different. Now the yellow engine light is on all the time with a Misfire fault on CYL 3. Looks like a set of injectors for me too!

How did you get on with yours @Chris197F1 ???