Reaction score
Thinking of purchasing a de-cat pipe for a standard trophy exhaust and fitting it myself.

Are there any guides anywhere? If not, what tools will I need for the job folks and anything I need to know?

Thanks
Ben.

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Quite an easy job to do, I used to change mine on the driveway. Just need to jack one side up with axel stands, crawl underneath and then unto the 4 bolts that hold it on, plus to unscrew the lambda probe.

Your car will probably at some point bring on the emissions light.

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
Quite an easy job to do, I used to change mine on the driveway. Just need to jack one side up with axel stands, crawl underneath and then unto the 4 bolts that hold it on, plus to unscrew the lambda probe.

Your car will probably at some point bring on the emissions light.

Cheers dude. Any ideas what size sockets/spanners I need? Also what do you do with the lambda probe after, is there a slot in the de-cat or does it just hang loose?

Thanks

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Cant remember the size exactly. If I had to guess they are all around an 8/10mm and the lambda is around a 13mm but don't quote me! :) It's been a while since I removed it.

Theres a hole in the de-cat to screw the lambda probe in. Your emissions light may come on the first time you start the car or some time after. Most find it comes on after a constant speed such as motorway driving.

You can see the hole to the right end in the picture here: http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product ... 33&appid=2

Reaction score
I took mine off last week. The bolts holding it to the mainfold were seized and rounded off :(

I just got a pair of mole-grips on it in the end and managed to get it off :wink:

Reaction score
That dosen't sound to good. I assume you get all the fixtures and fittings with the de-cat so the old rusty bolts are made redundant?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
You don't get anything with the de-cat other then the pipe. Depending on the condition of the bolds on there, you can reuse them however if they've not been touched since the car was made, it maybe worth popping to a stealer and getting some for when you fit the de-cat

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
You don't get anything with the de-cat other then the pipe. Depending on the condition of the bolds on there, you can reuse them however if they've not been touched since the car was made, it maybe worth popping to a stealer and getting some for when you fit the de-cat

Sounds best, I can imagine what state they will be in! Don't suppose you know the part number so I don't have to explain to the pleb behind the parts counter? Any ideas on cost also?

Cheers!