Reaction score
hi guys just recieved mine from g40steve,(thanks for the quick postage by the way) going to fit as soon as the weather brightens up are these just a straight swap for the cat?ive got a janspeed zaust system will this make things more difficult? cheers peps
:D

Reaction score
I have a Janspeed exhaust with a decat on mate, its easy enough to fit if you can get access underneath the car (it may be awkward laid on your back on your garage floor)

I'm with Steve on the Reno clamps, they are pish. Get yourself a 2 piece one from any motor factors, much more straight forward

Good purchase (tup)

Reaction score
well the rain didnt hold off so i took it to a mate who's a canic ,and ten mins later he'd had the old one off and the de cat on with nice shiney new clamp! only thing is i feel the 5k "rev kick" has gone. mite just be me being silly! :D

Reaction score
I think you dont notice the "kick" as much because (on my car anyway) there was a slight flatspot just before 5k revs which seemed to emphasise the "kick". I found the decat seemed to get rid of this flat spot so the power seems a little smoother - or it could all be in the mind :)

Reaction score
DaveTrophy said:
I think you dont notice the "kick" as much because (on my car anyway) there was a slight flatspot just before 5k revs which seemed to emphasise the "kick". I found the decat seemed to get rid of this flat spot so the power seems a little smoother - or it could all be in the mind :)
yeah i think its just me not noticing the flat spot anymore, seems quite a bit louder too,im sure i can get used to it though lol, maxagen next me thinks! :D