Reaction score
Well today after about 8 month of the de-cat being fitted the emission light came on.

I was travelling back from Chesterfield and could only find 95 ron fuel. I only put a £5 in to get me to the next garage and then the emission light comes on - do you think its connected????

What are my options to remove / reset the light?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
After a day of ownership, I've grown to like my emissions light :D

I think you can remove one of the probes (after cat i think) and sleeve it out of the way then get the light turned of by a dealer or someone else who can

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'd have thought a resistor would solve it - fools the senor into thinking it's still connected.... either tha or take the bulb out of the dash :)

Reaction score
It's funny how the tuners who sell these de-cats after all this time don't have a definative answer to the emmissions light issue.

Reaction score
I think I will get it reset by Renault. Can Mike at Rentech reset the light?

I will then see how long it lasts again using 98+ron as I'm sure the cheap nasty 95 ron I used caused the light to come on?

Reaction score
Well I've fixed the emisison light using an OBDII scan tool, not sure how long it will last but I've just driven down the bank and back and its stayed off.

If it stays off for another 8 months I will be pleased!

I purchased a CAN OBDII U480 scan tool for £30 off ebay. The OBDII socket is located under the ash tray - only took 2 mins to fix - RESULT!

scantool.jpg