Reaction score
Hello.
This morning i turned on my 182 and drove away. Then i noticed a light on the dash in the middle under the petrol light. It was a rectangle with wiggly likes in it from left to right and same orange as the petrol light. The engine had very limited power (limited to under 3000 revs). I switched the engine off and then on again and it went and the power was back again.

Had the cambelt recently changed (500miles ago) and also the centre section exhaust (300miles ago) and has been running very slightly loud and rough up to 4k revs since then but i thought it might just be the exhaust settling in.

Anyone got any ideas?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
O2 sensor sometimes it will reset as yours has. Just keep an eye on it.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I thought it might have been the coil pack ?

Reaction score
Mines done it a couple of times after washing the car, seems the pressure washer found the relay box. was fine once it dried out and i re-started the engine (10 mins with a warm engine) I think my relay / fuse cover had come loose and not giving adequate protection from the water. May be worth checking.
Tom

Reaction score
cheers guys. its also revving up to 3k when i start it, and it takes around 2mins to return to normal, would this be the coil pack aswell?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does it do this everytime you start, or just wehn you start from cold ?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
sounds like the o2 sensor to me, if the exhaust has been touched they can go very easily - they're more fragile than you'd imagine in reno's for some reason.

Reaction score
Yep it does it everytime I start even when its warm after a 20min journey.

I remember seeing the O2 sensor when they fitted the exhaust, is it something that needs seeing to urgently? If so...how much does it cost?
Thanks

Reaction score
A little question does this happen everytime you fit a new exhaust or just if you knock it? And can anyone suggest the best exhaust to buy? ive seen the rs192 and the miltek :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
best = orbisoud, but they don't come cheap. Any of prospeed, miltek, yozza, janspeed are good, not seen the scorpion in the flesh so can't comment on that.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
And can anyone suggest the best exhaust to buy? ive seen the rs192 and the miltek

Im going to go for the RS192 when the time comes. Looks a nice bit of kit, im going for the de-cat system.
I want it to sound nice but not too loud and with good power gains, not that an exhaust will give much gains anyways but still. The Scorpion RS192 fits that gap nicely.

The Yozzasport exhaust sounds the best imo but its too loud for me.

Reaction score
it came on again today, has been raining most of the day....
Ive noticed that even when this light isnt on, the idle sits aroun 1500-2000rpm.

had a diagnostic on it last friday. The O2 sensor came out ok as did the voltage reading for the coil...the mechanic was stumped. He reset everything but still no joy - still running at 2000rpm in idle. He mentioned something about the voltage running through the accelerator not adding up to 5volts?

The other alternative he said was the carb might be dirty....

this is realy annoying me now, seems theres no simple answer!!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
The other alternative he said was the carb might be dirty....

Carburettor ? It doesnt have one its electronically fuel injected !

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Carb as in Carburettor?

They haven't built a carb engine for decades........they went out with electric fuel injection.

Reaction score
oh no i didnt mean carb, i meant the air intake valve at the back where the air box finally attaches to!

Reaction score
This may well be the throttle body pal.

I ve had the same issue with my 182 and that is the diagnosis.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
The butterfly is quite easy to damage, maybe this could have happened during cambelt change.