Reaction score
Trophy No.
A courier delivered these boys to work yesterday :)
They've been given a quick clean, next job is to remove the springs so i can deal with the rust in the bottom of the "cup"

Attachments

• DSC00061.JPG
    DSC00061.JPG
    257.3 KB · Views: 53

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Nice 8) ! I nearly bidded on these. Decided just to get mine rebuilt tho...

Reaction score
mmmm, nice.

Was just curious as to how the dampers on the trophy's hold out. I seem to hear many stories about people having to buy new ones or have their old ones rebuilt. Sorry to go off your topic slightly but was just interested to know.

Looking good though!

Reaction score
hi my dampers have just failed renault wanted 1600 pound to fix but warranty covered by one month were can you get them cheaper or reconed for next time

Reaction score
tattyhash said:
hi my dampers have just failed renault wanted 1600 pound to fix but warranty covered by one month were can you get them cheaper or reconed for next time

I thought the warranty didnt cover dampers as they're a wear and tear item??

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah i think most of it is ClioSport scaremongering, there have been some failures but when you consider the number of miles we've all done and the punishment some of them have taken it's to be expected that a few will go down.
The reason i got these is that Mark Fish informed me that he thought i may have a problem with mine (they may have leaked at some point) but having done about 1k of quite hard miles since then with no problem i think they are probably fine and also they were fairly cheap and with only 24k on them probably the lowest milage ones likely to come up, for £180 each i'm fairly happy to mothball them, i would have pulled out if they had gone up much further.