Dampers Refurbishment!?

G

Hi Guys,

Was looking into getting all my dampers refurbed but dont know where to go?

I hear everyone going on about "BG motorsport" but i live about 400 miles away in Dunfermline. Is there anywhere in Scotland that has the same reputation for this kind of work?

Cheers,
Cammy#78

Reaction score
Yup I think most people take them off and post them down. Even better take them off and take the springs off (saves on the labour charges).

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
As above.

They are easy to remove, they are fitted with 2 bolts and 3 nuts.
If you can use a spanner you are more than qualified, you dont really need spring compressors to remove the springs either. You do however need a deep offset ring spanner to remove the top mount nut and it helps if you spray the top mount nut with unilease a few hours before.

It cost me around £40 to post from Cumbria when I had mine done.

Reaction score
BenG said:
As above.

They are easy to remove, they are fitted with 2 bolts and 3 nuts.
If you can use a spanner you are more than qualified, you dont really need spring compressors to remove the springs either. You do however need a deep offset ring spanner to remove the top mount nut and it helps if you spray the top mount nut with unilease a few hours before.

It cost me around £40 to post from Cumbria when I had mine done.

How long did it take for yours to be refurbished? I've probably got to get it done soon and can't be without the car for too long!

Reaction score
I had to book mine in and had to wait for a couple of weeks, but once BG had them the turn around was very quick! 2-3 days.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
How long did it take for yours to be refurbished? I've probably got to get it done soon and can't be without the car for too long!

I got mine back in about 5/6 days which included all the delivery time. I don't think they will be too busy this time of year.