Reaction score
Trophy went for a MOT test yesterday. It passed but i got an advisory on one of the front dampers. Tester said there is slight misting from top of damper/bottom of spring, running part way down the damper and dust is sticking to it!

Hasn't affected the ride or handling so may have only recently started. I'm glad he noticed. So it's damper refurb time for me. Let's be honest though... been expecting it at some point.

Spoke to BG Motorsport today. They said the racing season is virtually over and are very up to date with their work load.

If i booked it in today they could have done it on the 27th of this month. I'm going to take the car to them for removal, refurb and refitting of dampers. They said it would be two days so i'm going to book a B&B in Silverstone village just for one night. Don't know which one i'll stay at. There are quite a few and with going on a weekday and the racing season almost over i hope it will be easy to find somewhere.

So that's the plan. Hope to book it all in a couple of weeks.

Reaction score
Shame I'm working on the 27th as I live in Towcester which is the larger town near Silverstone or I would have removed the dampers & springs for you & taken you to BG as it's only 5 min drive from my house.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
must have just started, when they properly drop you'll know about it...

Ha, mine went mid corner, I went from this... :D to this... :shock:. Its a good job it has been noticed soon enough, They have lasted 5 years so cant complain eh? The refurb should make an improvement.

Reaction score
Cheers Guys. As a long term owner it's something i knew would need doing. So no complaints... 5 yrs is good.