Reaction score
Am wondering what symptoms people experience when their dampers (f) have given up and are off for their pilgramage to Ben at BG...??

007 still feels taught as a trolley after 50k, but i have noticed the o/s wheel is oh-so-slightly higher in the arch that the n/s one, but i'm talking mm rather than cm so thought i'd best see what others have seen/felt/heard in order to make the plunge and get them sorted...

Cheers folks

Reaction score
Also, how easy are they to remove/fit? Bit dubious about touching such an expensive part of the car myself. I'm in Cheshire so travelling to Northants to get them done isnt really an option

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Too many threads really to list but I think driving on wobbly jelly may be a good description. You can check for any fluid leaks by actually looking to see if there is any oily staining on the damper and any gas leak will be given away by the fact that the remote reservoir tube will have risen till it's actually touching the the metal arm that attaches it to the main body of the damper.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Oh and it's three nuts to undo.

once you've removed the 4 bolts to get the wheel off :lol: :lol:

It's an easy job to do, infact i must have taken mine off 4 or 5 times this year for various reasons, lastly today when i fitted the Mark Fish top mounts i'd bought of Mat7 :D

Back on monday to get the geom set up again!

If you've got some temp dampers you can fit, and you want too drive over to sheffield, i don't mind whipping them off for you :wink: It's only a 30 minute job

Chris

Reaction score
When a dealer told me one of mine needed replacing, I genuinely couldn't tell. Both were sent to BG and one had leaked all its contents out. All I noticed when it was reassembled was that is was stiffer.

Recently I could feel that the ride had gone very 'choppy', especially when cornering fast, and all that needed changing was one of the top adjusters.

:?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
is mat putting his back to standard? that's ominous...

also it's common for the drivers side to be lower that the passengers, due to the driver being sat in the car more than carrying passengers.