Reaction score
As you guys know i've been having some problems with 224 recently, mainly with the nearside front. Found out today that that particular damper has had it. Can push the car down with ease but the drivers side is still fine.

I have seen that I should look at getting some other suspension bits changed as well while these are off. Is there any way of checking the ball joints etc while everythings still attached? Are the standard rubber top mounts normal 182 stuff or Trophy only? Might it be worth upgrading to STMs? I don't mind a harder ride but will there be any benefit?

Will it also be beneficial to get them unpinned? I've seen a few threads talking about there not being much point if it's not taken on track but i'd quite like to play with them! I guess there's danger of even more dirt and crap getting into them?
Incidently, as much as I want to i'm probably not going to get on track with it so i'm thinking of things from a fast road point of view.

Last question I can think of guys but is this likely to be causing the grinding noise I hear? It's worse when i'm turning right, more so when done with some verve.

Sorry about the amount of questions but need some help with this as it must be sorted asap. It's my daily driver and for now even Reliants are going to find me easy meat! :(

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Last question I can think of guys but is this likely to be causing the grinding noise I hear? It's worse when i'm turning right, more so when done with some verve.
My guess would be a wheel bearing. Makes the noise more noticable with lateral thrust on the bearing....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
yeh, sounds like wheels bearings - i'd also get the ball joints checked out as they may be nearing the end of their life if the wheels bearings and dampers are shot.

Reaction score
Ok thanks, will get those checked as well. Will look at everything while the dampers are being serviced.