Reaction score
Agree, but only the front are adjustable, so i'd have thought messing with the front rebound only, you'll be unsettling the car etc

Reaction score
I think Renault will have set them for fast road use and a compromise for most drivers who will never take the car to a track so maybe the oem settings could easily be improved for different tracks/conditions.

I think it would be good to experiment when on track.

is the adjustment bump or rebound??

I have adjustable KW's and I often play around with them in different conditions sometimes at the price of losing traction if I go too far :twisted:

Looking forward to picking our trophy up so I can investigate but I will not play untill I have got used to the settings Renault have used to set the car up.

I have a freind who does a lot of work for/with Sachs and he mentioned that he had discussed the Trophy with them after he drove one of the development cars.

I will be speaking with him soon so I will ask some more questions.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
renault are nobs, it's the fact that they've glued the pins in some that's causng the problems (swear) If they'd just pinned them, unpinning them is easy.

amm

Reaction score
172gaz said:
Agree, but only the front are adjustable, so i'd have thought messing with the front rebound only, you'll be unsettling the car etc

its the front that do most of the work so you need it that bit stiffer on a track .
clio cup racers finds it hard to get heat in to the rear tyres in a race so that should tell you how much work the rear of the car douse i know mark fish motor sport are looking in to some adjustable rear dampers for the trophy .
when i am next on track i will see how good the trophy is .

Reaction score
I go away and all hell breaks loose! Sorry that so many of you are having problems, I feel partly responsible for saying how easy it is. I adjust mine most days now and found a perfect set-up for my favourite Welsh road on Saturday (24).

172Cup - how are you going to know? You don't need to remove the wheels either, you just turn the dials! My pins will be going back in for sale and if they weren't glued in the first place they won't have been damaged. If mine looked to be glued, I would have left them well alone. They are set-up perfectly for the road anyway, I had mine on 28 yesterday and hit a one wheel bump on the approach to a bend, the whole front end of the car jumped sideways about a foot and carried on around the bend, this has never happened on the standard setting. I also forgot to turn them down for the 300 mile motorway journey home and the ride was appalling, jiggling around and crashing over ridges. English roads really are rubbish!

The moral of this waffle - if in doubt leave them alone, if you're not going to track it leave them alone. After all, none of the journalists tested the cars on anything other than the factory setting, I think they were pinned for a very good reason now. Safety.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
1. remove wheel
2. remove grub screw
3. lift off the red cap - just prize it off with a screw driver - not much pressure needed.
4. there are 2 ball bearings which sit under the cap - be careful not to loose them
5. hammer out the pin, i found by holding it with pincers etc and putting it onto a towel that's been folded several times it was easy, it took one or two knocks with the hammer.
6. put the red dial back on
7. screw in the grub screw
8. turn away to your hearts content.

be careful not to turn the grub screw too tight - makes turning the red dial hard.

i left my pin 'almost in' total removal would imo allow dust and crud to get into the mechanism and I'd end up loosing the pin. see the pic of mine in the garage section - pin stick out the top.