Reaction score
My T is on Cup dampers and crappy lowering springs and I'm considering what's the best plan.

I don't think the price of new Sachs will ever be reflected in the car's value, so what's the general consensus - fit a decent set of coilovers, or leave it on the Cup dampers but swap the crappy springs for Eibach Sportlines? It's never going to see a track.

Reaction score
By a 2nd set of Sachs and have them refurbished if you plan on selling it on in the future or if its a keep coilovers would be a good shout something like H&R's or the Spax rsx kit are supposed to be good from what I've read.

Reaction score
I have a complete Trophy setup available if you fancied it.

Reaction score
I'd rather have Sachs for originality, but depends on price really....

Reaction score
No idea of their value buddy, but glaldy make an offer.

i have the full complete setup, front and rear shocks along with the springs.
i am informed by the previous owner (Nick172Cup) that they were refurbished 2-3 years back.
All seems fine with them, but of no use to me due to the fitment of AST's, so may aswell shift them on to someone who could benefit from them.

Reaction score
Picking up a set of Sachs sounds like the best plan Stephen, and Kelv's being available is perfect timing I'd say.

Even if they need a refurb the Cornering Force options are more reasonable than BG Motorsport's prices.

For OEM goodness there's only one option in my eyes.

Happy New Year,

Tim

Reaction score
Are these the ones that have done a million miles?

No idea of their value buddy, but glaldy make an offer.

i have the full complete setup, front and rear shocks along with the springs.
i am informed by the previous owner (Nick172Cup) that they were refurbished 2-3 years back.
All seems fine with them, but of no use to me due to the fitment of AST's, so may aswell shift them on to someone who could benefit from them.

Reaction score
Picking up a set of Sachs sounds like the best plan Stephen, and Kelv's being available is perfect timing I'd say.

Even if they need a refurb the Cornering Force options are more reasonable than BG Motorsport's prices.

For OEM goodness there's only one option in my eyes.

Happy New Year,

Tim

Cheers Tim, I do agree. Would be nice to get it back on Sachs. Was it Sportline springs you fitted to yours?

Reaction score
Cheers Tim, I do agree. Would be nice to get it back on Sachs. Was it Sportline springs you fitted to yours?
Indeed it was. They're still on and I'm still very impressed by the comfort offered at low speeds on broken surfaces (all UK roads?) and the composure in high speed bends.

I'd be interested to try a set of Cooksport springs for comparison, available through a group buy on CS.net I think. I've read some positive reviews...