Daily?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
so after reading through the average age thread and seeing there wasn't so many youngsters.... got me thinking who has their Trophy as a daily and who has it as a garage/weekend queen?

Mines a daily. With 100k on the clock I guess it's the rare occasion where high miles mean I'm lucky and can afford to drive daily without worrying about hammering the resale value.

This being the downside though.

15ez4hc.jpg

10ygpkj.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Totally agree. I smile every time I drive her and can't help but look back when I walk away.

I can understand why low mile examples get tucked away but even low miles I just couldn't help but drive her lots still

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yup, mines a daily. I bought a higher milage one for that reason. I might feel bad using a low milage one daily! I tried having a 1.2 Fiesta for a while as a daily but the lack of power was a killer. These are great little cars as dailys imo!

Reaction score
Hey guys, yep mine is a daily I drive from Bristol to Wolverhampton 3-4 times a week so putting about 600-800 miles a week on it but it has already done 114k so really isn't going to impact the resale value and I am just going to keep running it. I managed to do 26,000 miles in my old Clio 182 ff last year and to be honest it wasnt as uncomfortable as it sounds and I have had the following recently Audi A3, a5, golf as company cars. A Clio is a lot more entertaining to drive even on the motorway!

Would love a low mileage trophy as well just to keep pristine in the garage but mine is past that so enjoy driving it!!
Thanks

Pete

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mine was a daily and it got driven regularly. Despite having spent well over 4 years of it's life in the workshop I still managed to put almost 120,000 miles on it.

When #165 returns home this time it will no longer be a daily; it will purely be for fun. None of this garage queen rubbish! Hahahaha! I would love to use it as a daily but the incoming changes mean it's not exactly ideal for day-to-day driving or enduring the rat race. Awesome for B-road blasts, Weekenders in Wales and track days though :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Talking of dailys ... #456 ( Sikora's ) old car is due back from repair soon... 101k and now a Cat C but still a cracking car..
Does anyone know of someone that would have a home for it.. I did consider my daughter but we looked into Insurance and It would be impossible for her at the moment .. So it's got to go...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Great news about the car, Rik. But...

I did consider my daughter but we looked into Insurance and It would be impossible for her at the moment .. So it's got to go...
...a shame about the Insurance for her! I bet she's disappointed. I expect we'll still see her at the Weekender though?! LOL!

Reaction score
Mines used at the weekends only and sometimes the odd Friday. Have an A Class for weekday commute to work, dirty boring diesel (yawn)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Great news about the car, Rik. But...

...a shame about the Insurance for her! I bet she's disappointed. I expect we'll still see her at the Weekender though?! LOL!

Yes Andy shes a bit disapointed but she will be at the WW17 for sure .. She wants a ride in your rocketship ...

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I would say mine is a daily, however, I don't drive it that much. I live close to where I work and spend most of my free time at my workshop and field. I'm only doing around 2k miles a year in it and it's currently on 72k. I'm not interested in keeping the miles down and I couldn't care less about resale value. I carry out all the service and maintenance work myself so doubt it will appeal to the majority of people looking to buy one. For what it's worth I may as well keep it. I love it.

IMG_0582.JPG

My weekend warrior is a slow, noisy, cold, uncomfortable, expensive, diesel drinking 2 finger salute to greenpeace.

FullSizeRender 4.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
@BenG The price of Defenders is insane! but I would love one. A go any where work horse! They can look pretty smart with a few bolt on bits like yours. Good plate too :tongueout:

Slight garage envy.....well total garage envy.... I don't even have one haha.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I have racked up just over 128,000 miles and use the car near enough 2/3 days a week for commute and daily for small trips and to put a smile on my face. Am going through the stage now where I want every nut and bolt replaced and moving away from buying a sensible 'family' car.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I would say mine is a daily, however, I don't drive it that much. I live close to where I work and spend most of my free time at my workshop and field. I'm only doing around 2k miles a year in it and it's currently on 72k. I'm not interested in keeping the miles down and I couldn't care less about resale value. I carry out all the service and maintenance work myself so doubt it will appeal to the majority of people looking to buy one. For what it's worth I may as well keep it. I love it.

View attachment 8818

My weekend warrior is a slow, noisy, cold, uncomfortable, expensive, diesel drinking 2 finger salute to greenpeace.

View attachment 8815

Remember seeing your workshop build pictures, absolutely fab and completely agree, would rather have yours over some of the junk ones seen on the market probably with FRSH!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cheers Ben, the garage was a labour of love.
I always wanted a Defender, the price was ridiculous but it may prove to be a good investment.

I wouldn't like to use it as a daily. The Trophy, on the other hand, I could drive every day. Great little car.

Bearne1, Thanks, you understand that some home mechanics put a lot more attention and care into their cars and can do just as good a job, if not better. Same reason people are having their Sachs rebuilt by Rik rather than BG.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yes Andy shes a bit disapointed but she will be at the WW17 for sure .. She wants a ride in your rocketship ...
Her time will come! I'm looking forward to catching up with you both again and - of course - she's more than welcome to jump in. I may well see you before WW17 anyway as I will be looking to get my dampers to you well in advance of the event (and will probably drive over to drop them off and to put some miles on the car).

Reaction score
112k,used daily,track days and a ring trip planned this summer.She won't be remembered as a garage queen/big money car but she will have a whole sack of memories,great experiences and probably a few too many stone chips.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mines not a daily but it's definitely not a garage queen either. It's a weekend bundle of fun (although it doesn't come out every weekend)

Drive an Audi A4 Avant as my daily

Reaction score
My 5 mile round trip commute is usually on foot so the car is mostly tucked away but when it does get driven it gets driven hard!

I feel sorry for these cars that see hundreds of miles of dull (straight) dual carriageways and motorways each month, the Trophy is so capable. At least if you do commute, go the long way ;)