Reaction score
Hey...

Has anyone been having issues with their cruise control... Its not just one senario. If I try to reduce speed by pressing minus buttion it cuts it off. If im having to break and then want to resume the criuse speed it is not working (it freezes) . The only way to sort it is to turn the engine off to reset it. IT IS SOOOO TEMPERMENTAL AND VERY ANNOYING.

I have spoken to renault about but cos it works when they test it the think it is all fine... typical.

Is there a hardware reset that I can do on it somewhere?????

jsthomson

Reaction score
Mine played up for a bit recently- turned out to be a problem with the selector switch ( the on off on the dash) behaving intermittently. Took it out and gave it a squirt with some contact cleaner and it seems to have done the trick.

Reaction score
Mine cuts out when pressing the minus button but i just assumed this was normal?!?

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Sam_K said:
Mine cuts out when pressing the minus button but i just assumed this was normal?!?

Nope, not normal at all. It should only fully disable if you press the 'O' or hit the brake pedal, or flick the cruise control/speed limiter switch to OFF.

Reaction score
Renaultsport said:
Sam_K said:

Nope, not normal at all. It should only fully disable if you press the 'O' or hit the brake pedal, or flick the cruise control/speed limiter switch to OFF.

Oops :oops: I will have a look at it :D

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
lol... my was tempremental at the weekend - could get the light to work on the dashboard... the system engaged ok but wouldn't show the speed on the dash...

Did the old IT route of switch it off and back on (engine restart) and it's solved itself...

Reaction score
u r all very clever i dont even know how to use mine! i just drive it ha

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Cue said:
Did the old IT route of switch it off and back on (engine restart) and it's solved itself...

The good old; "If in doubt, pull plug out trick" never fails! :)