Reaction score
Credit where credit is due.

I have been very impressed by Renault London West. They serviced and fully valetted my car in 3 hours, gave me a coutesy car in the interim (albeit a little dirty inside) and called me promptly to advise the car was ready: all on a Saturday.

I bought a demo car and my only complaint is that the Used Car Sales Manager decided to smoke in it and use it as his daily car. I'm not too sure this is a great policy for Renault - they should not allow their staff to smoke in any car they don't own as ultimatley they will have to sell it on as a 'smokers car' - not a great strategy (not a personal dig at smokers... just an overall observation from an organisational point of view).

Anyway, these guys are good all in all.

Raymond - a guy in service - really knows his stuff and I would have no hesitation in going back to him to resolve issues. He really impressed me (and I've just come from owning a BMW which in itself has a great repuation for their guys in servicing).

I told Raymond about this board - he's a true enthusiast so if you are around the area and need something doing to the car be sure to see him and let him know that he was recommended. It will be great to get some good will going with these guys since they are far and few between (IMHO).

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Oliie,

That's great to hear. I bought mine at SMC Renault in Guildford. They have also been very helpful, but as I live near paddington, Renault West is very easy to get to. My car had been pre-registered and used by Renault as a show car of sorts. When I picked it up it had a few issues, including; the splitter hanging loose on the offside corner, the wheel studs were all corroded, the key for the locking alloys was missing, etc. SMC took care of these right away and seem like a good bunch. But still, I could just about walk back from Renault London West...if I had too.

Take care,

Robert

Reaction score
RS - you must be close to me - I'm just behind the dealership near Ealing. We should catch up for coffee one day!

Hopefully will see you around...

P.s. do you have a garage?

O.

Reaction score
Hi Oliie,

Yes, we could meet up and go for a cruise out west. I find the best part about living in London, but close to the westway, is that you can get out onto b-roads so quickly. Yesterday I spent three hours hammering around Hertfordshire.

I do have a garage. I need to reconfigure it though as it is currently set up for my lotus which was much lower. I need to move a bunch of shelves so the Clio will fit!

Let's plan to get the London folks together in the New year. I think there are some more of us about.

Have a great Sunday.

-robert

Reaction score
Agreed - a London meet would be great.

Off to Woking this afternoon for lunch; you're not wrong about access to roads! At the moment I am driving to Hemel Hempstead - easier to drive there than it is to take the tube into London!

Cheers
O.

Reaction score
Got mine from London west too! and I also thrash mine around Herts! A london meet would be a hoot :twisted:
I'm up for it