Corsa at the Ring sets Supermini Lap Record!!!!!

Reaction score
Who thinks a Trophy could could beat the Corsa VXR round the Ring???

Think we need a decent Renault Driver to have ago at beating this record
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That looks like fun...Praise be to the crazy goons at Opel, who’ve been hooning around the ‘ring in the new Corsa OPC (VXR to us, mind) and have become record breakers.

The pint-sized manic mini broke the record for superminis around the famous track by lapping it in a (slightly scary) 8mins 47.99seconds.

The 192bhp hatch was piloted by Manuel Reuter, an ex-Opel works driver.

Is it us, or has that given the Corsa a little more credibility?

Reaction score
It's been gaining a lot of credibility in the press recently too via Autocar, interior and build quality is very nice.

Reaction score
The only thing I'll say is that if the old clio and corsa were super minis (ie a bigger mini) the new Corsa, along with the new clio are more super-super minis, or should that just be hatchbacks?

Reaction score
Even if the Corsa VXR is faster on track than the Trophy, who cares? It's still not in the same league. Loads of cars are faster, very few are better. Give the Trophy that much torque by cheating (Turbocharging a rubbish, cheap little 1.6 in the Corsa's case) and it would swallow the Corsa whole and spit it out into the armco.

Reaction score
thats a very good time. Don't know of another hot hatch time as a comparison, but that is a good time nonetheless. Even if i did know another hot hatch time it probably would not be fair....sounds to me like they found the best driver they could and did not do anywhere this time on the first lap...probably took a whole weekend until he did a perfect and respectable lap!

really really like corsa vxr's.

but i totally agree with what steve has said above!

Reaction score
Well I know one comparison you can make, my car set a 8min 43sec 7 years ago with two up (Autocar) :roll: