Reaction score
My trophy repeatedly flashed up warning lights on the track, through a long left-hand hairpin. I can't say exactly which lights because I couldn't look at the dash for long enough, all I know is that it only happened in the one corner and one of the lights was a stop light. Come out of the corner and the lights flicker off again.

It also did it once on the drive home from the track on the motorway in a left hand bend.

I think it is to do with oil, but the car had just been serviced and the levels were fine. Surely the trophy doesn't require a pickup pipe :?: Any ideas :?: I'm off to the same track again in August and want it sorted before then!

Reaction score
I've had this happen a few time on track, when attacking a bend the dash lights flickers.

On my car it was mainly the STOP light which was a little worrying.

No real idea why .......... anyone.

Hasn't done it since my last visit to Brands.

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I get this sometimes on track, Its usually the STOP, ( ! ) and ESP (orange triangle with car) lights that flicker.

Usually caused by the brake fluid level sensor tripping. Might be worth checking your fluid level. It can also be a sign that your pads are very low as the fluid level drops as the piston moves further out of the caliper.

Reaction score
Nik said:
I get this sometimes on track, Its usually the STOP, ( ! ) and ESP (orange triangle with car) lights that flicker.

Usually caused by the brake fluid level sensor tripping. Might be worth checking your fluid level. It can also be a sign that your pads are very low as the fluid level drops as the piston moves further out of the caliper.

Thanks Nik

Funny I had my pads and fluid done after my last visit to Brands.

Reaction score
Yup - Stop light and traction... quite normal on the track although check your fluids to be safe :)

Reaction score
warning lights

I have had the same problem on my car i topped my levels up such as break fluid and stuff and its not happened since, its funny how it always seems to happen on a left hand bend. I would just like to say all you should see on you dash is the traction control light because it should be turned off and you SHOULD be having mega fun with it. traction control stinks!!!

Reaction score
I had that happen a couple of times during cornering! Bit of break fluid sorted it out! :)

Reaction score
also a common thing when you floor it out of a T junction turning right and experience the wonderful torque steer :p

Reaction score
I've had this problem too, on a long left hand motorway slip road i use, i had convinced myself that it was oil starvation (due to pick-up pipe being on the left hand side of an unbaffled sump??) am i worrying too much? have been taking it easy since,,

Reaction score
bryntech said:
I've had this problem too, on a long left hand motorway slip road i use, i had convinced myself that it was oil starvation (due to pick-up pipe being on the left hand side of an unbaffled sump??) am i worrying too much? have been taking it easy since,,

Yes my GF has the same issue in her 182 on a similar type of bend

Reaction score
Nik said:

It can also be a sign that your pads are very low as the fluid level drops as the piston moves further out of the caliper.

thanks. brakes it may be as my pads were very worn at the time.

Reaction score
bryntech said:

Remember that because the sensor is being 'starved' of oil during some hard cornering, it doesn't necessarily mean the vital components are, these cars are designed to corner hard, just keep the oil on the maximum if doing track work (or not!). My 205 used to get the stop and oil lights under hard braking and it never blew up.

used to use a gallon of oil every thousand miles though.