Reaction score
I am hoping you guys will be able to help. I am looking at buying a Trophy. I am considering buying the car unseen - the owner seem genuine.

I appreciate this varies but could you give me some idea on life expectancy of the tyres and brake pads please.

My local dealer seems pretty poor and was not able to answer a few simple questions such as:

1. What is the correct service interval - 1yr/12000 miles or 2yr/12000 miles;
2. How much will a new wheel cost?

Appreciate your help. :?:

Reaction score
Hello mate,

Not to sure on the tyres and brake pads, only had my trophy for a month. But service intervals, every 12k or 1 yr, whichever comes first, and a new turini roughly about £150.

Hope that helps fella

Alex

Reaction score
Sorry Rudi, don't think that's true, had a call today from my friendly local stealer saying my first service is due 2yrs/12k though i'll be doing mine every 1yr/6k.

Reaction score
Jianul said:
Sorry Rudi, don't think that's true, had a call today from my friendly local stealer saying my first service is due 2yrs/12k though i'll be doing mine every 1yr/6k.

I stand corrected. New that was the case for the normal clios, i just assumed it would be a yr sooner for the trophy if you know what i mean, but you know what they say about assumption, its the mother of all......... I agree mate, going to service mine every 6k too.

Reaction score
Thanks for the comments - you would think a Renault dealer would know the service intervals wouldn't you!

The car I am seriously considering is 2 years old but has not had a Renault service yet. It did however have an Oil change at 5000 miles or so, but not by Renault. If there is a chance the Warranty might not be valid I will keep looking for another car.

Wish I had found this site a few weeks ago - I would of been all over the Trophy with less than 2000 miles.

Thanks again.

Reaction score
That's good that it had the oil change at 5k (filter as well i hope) it will not have voided the warranty but you will need a stamp in the service book for 12k or it will. What i am a little concerned about is that you are considering buying one unseen, i personally would not do that.

Reaction score
Thats great - so the Warranty will still be valid. Thank you.

Any comments on the life expectancy of tyres and brake pads. "My" car is still on the originals. Would it be sensible to factor in new tyres an front brake pads?

On my last car I spent as much on tyres as I did on petrol so 12000 miles is more than acceptable. I just don't want any suprises.

Cheers.

Reaction score
At 12k both should be fine, though it does depend what kind of life the car has had, tyres should be good up to 18k though they would have lost a lot of their performance by then. Pads should last a bit longer.

Reaction score
Done 16.5k in mine and looking to find first set of new front shoes. Coming close to the wear mark and grip is starting to go. Rear shoes look fine.
not sure about pads.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
tyres, disks and pads are completely subjective... completely depends on how the mileage has been built up and how the car has been driven over those miles. A good example is i'm on my 2nd set of tyres and still on the oem brakes (not for long though) after 19k, but Neal went through a set of pads on his in one day, yes one day! today.....

To be fair the oem brakes are poo anyway, ok for general road use but they are very lacking during prolonged heavy braking.

Handbook is 2 years or 12k, personally i'd change it every 6 months or 6k (that's just because i prefer the cleanest blood possible in the car)

The fact that the service wasn't done by reno is a bonus, as they don't have a clue (en mass, there are some exceptions)

If it's been done by Ren-tech, RS tunning/Murray, Yozzasport, k-tec, angelworks etc then the car's been through a better service than Reno would ever give it, probably with a better grade of oil also.

Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Two trackdays and 12k of fast road driving and I was through a set of front brake pads (rears are still only half worn) and a set of PE2's, although the tyres did 6k on the front, and 6k on the rears...

As Cue says, it's all dependent on how the car has been driven, if driven with a fair amount sympathy I think 24k would be achievable from both the tyres and the front pads.

To be honest though, you've got to check it out for yourself, see with your own eyes how much tyre life is left and get you finger between the spokes and feel how much pad is left. At the end of the day it is always something you can haggle about if the tyres and pads need replacing...