Cold boot struts

Reaction score
... Caused the boot to hit me on the head this morning - d'oh!!! #-o :cry: :lol:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i actually think it's completely unacceptable for you to be blaming a totally inanimate object for what is clearly a problem you have "the morning after" [-X It's not as if it can jump out and smack you round the ear is it? :lol: :wink:

Reaction score
^^^ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Julz, whatever excuse YOU use for hitting YOUR head on the boot, doesn't necessarily stand true for everyone else! [-X

I was actually out in Covent Garden again last night.. But I did only have 2 beers...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
not actually sure i'm tall enough to bash my head on the hatch :oops:

Reaction score
Did they not hold the boot up or fling it up with speed causing it to hit you ? I'm not very good with mechanics to know how temperature would affect them.

Mine at the moment are useless, they just about hold the boot up, but they're not sufficient to lift the boot up when it's not fully open, I think I'll have to change them before too long.

Reaction score
I think brand new ones are effected to some extent due to the gas pressure changing due to temperature - it does get worse as the struts age though due to leakage.

Reaction score
From memory I think that mine have been pretty much like this for the past 2 winters - in the summer they're absolutely fine..

Berty - the lower temp causes lower gas pressure and thus the car boot tends to clump me/us because it doesn't stay up..

Reaction score
I was going to say I'm dreading mine when it gets colder, but I don't think I'll be venturing out the house if it gets much colder so it shouldn't effect me.