Reaction score
Anyone decided to replace the clutch yet??

50 k on mine, no probs other than it squeaks when it's hot on the track ( never on the road) - thinking of doing it anyhow.

Any thoughts, 5 years now folks: it's about time maybe????

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had mine changed at around 36K I think but that was as my gearbox was on the way out and got it done under warranty. Came down to Renault agreed the gearbox should be replaced and If I wanted the clutch done it was just the price of the clutch. So I got it done.

Not much help to you really though

Reaction score
My Trophy has done 57k and clutch feels rather heavy and sticky i would say its prob my pressure plate going so its on my next to do list. However i was unsure if these were fitted with a racing clutch if so this would be normal if anyone knows if this is the case would be a great help.

Reaction score
Mine is at 70k and still going strong. However, I do have in the back of my mind that it won't go on forever... I do like a nice hard, manly, no nonsense clutch so depsite being otherwise standard I will probably fit an AP organic clutch. :D

Reaction score
My 172 cup is on 61k with the original clutch, I think it's time is nearly up as the biting point is rather high now.

I also have the squeaking when excessively hot on track too, after it cools down and with a few uses on the road it always returns to normal.

How much are most places charging for a clutch change?

Reaction score
I've never done one on a Renault, but would guess a good 2 to 3 hours (if you know what you're doing) plus parts?? (new friction plate and release bearing if all is healthy).

Reaction score
If your going to fit a new clutch etc, is it worth replacing the fly wheel with a lightened version ??? Ktec supply these.
Is it worth the hassle ???

Chris

Reaction score
Good question.... I changed my flywheel on my Ducati for a lighter one; throttle response was way better but tickover a real moose; not aware of anyone doing this with a T????